got ethical husbandry?

Flower patch nest

CaseyP

Treasurer
BOD
Some may remember my noob ass trying to frag my bernardopora colony at the workshop earlier this year and slicing a bald spot off the top. My clownfish pair have taken a liking to it! After some awkward camera angles and timing, I finally got some macro shots of their egg patch that I thought turned out cool.

The damage
DSCF3341.JPG

The eggs
DSCF3448.jpg

DSCF3438.jpg

This is so much better than nuisance algae! Also if you're coming back to high tide anytime soon, I def want another frag.

Your polys will love the fresh protein!
Bi-monthly subscription to fresh meat! In a curious but kinda sick way, I want to catch the moment the fry leave the nest to see what fish and corals react.

This is so much better than nuisance algae! Also if you're coming back to high tide anytime soon, I def want another frag.
How's the last frag doing? I do need to frag this bernardopora again as it's getting large around the sides. Just deciding if I do it now, or wait until after I move in January to avoid any added stress to the corals.

Bi-monthly subscription to fresh meat! In a curious but kinda sick way, I want to catch the moment the fry leave the nest to see what fish and corals react.

How's the last frag doing? I do need to frag this bernardopora again as it's getting large around the sides. Just deciding if I do it now, or wait until after I move in January to avoid any added stress to the corals.
It will occur at night
I’ve never witnessed that event moment
My guess is that the hatchling fry move up into the water column for dispersal
What the polyps don’t get, the skimmer will
The fry will hatch on the 10th night post deposition
And then the parents will spawn again 4 days later
On the regular

It unfortunately bit the dust along with almost everything from the first swap until I fixed my tank's cyano/algae/TE issues, but everything since then has been great! My clowns are like clockwork too as Erin mentioned. I've never actually seen them hatch, but I'm sure they're eaten up by everything in the tank or into the overflow. They'll actually bite the anemone tentacles if it's blocking their favorite spot to get it to retract a bit.

It will occur at night
I’ve never witnessed that event moment
My guess is that the hatchling fry move up into the water column for dispersal
What the polyps don’t get, the skimmer will
The fry will hatch on the 10th night post deposition
And then the parents will spawn again 4 days later
On the regular
They don't always hit those days... nutrition plays a big roll, especially in how many days for hatching

It unfortunately bit the dust along with almost everything from the first swap until I fixed my tank's cyano/algae/TE issues, but everything since then has been great!
Ah bummer. I'll have a frag for you when I do frag it again. I'm going to trrrrry to make it to the cocktails and talk at High Tide on December 4th but it's pending my schedule. @under_water_ninja do you have a bandsaw I could use if so?

Back