High Tide Aquatics

Former BAR member dropping by

Aloha everyone! Old member just dropping by to say Hello! I tried looking up my old tank journal but it looks like my pics don't show up with the forum. :( I still see a lot of familiar names and a lot of new people. Looks like BAR has grown a lot! :)

Welcome back!

A lot depends on how/where those old images were stored.
Many are gone, some are around.
I was not webmaster then, so have no real details.

With the current forum, you can "attach files" and they get put in the data base, so should not be lost in the future.

Of course, if you link to an image, like on photobucket, that all depends on the external site maintaining the image.

Hey Mark! Good talkin to you again! It looks like I uploaded the photos to the forum. Looks like PM's didn't get transferred either. I wanted to see who I sold my old equipment too. :D

So for the old images, the uploaded data seems to have been stored in some local directory.
Example: www.bareefers.org/home/sites/default/files/IMG_2735.JPG
That no longer exists.
I checked backups, and there is no sign of it there either, so it was probably deleted years ago.
Dang.

For PMs, I do not have any from before 2013. So my old ones are gone also.

I guess all that was around when the first major website upgrade happened.

---

Time to start a new tank and a new thread!

Yup, I'm here in Hawaii. Reef tank is basically my backyard. :D However, they have strict rules here and you can't have a coral in your tank. Only thing legal here is zoas and anemones you can find in the ocean.

Any pics of the zoas and anemones available there? It would be interesting to see what is found in that part of the world.

Back