Jestersix

Free Neon GSP

joshness

Supporting Member
I know this is like a weed and isn't too desirable but thought I'd see if anyone would want some. I'm located in Antioch but am in Dublin, Tuesday to Thursday from 8 to 3.
neonGSP.jpg

Sorry, I'm new to reefing (I did try 15 years ago, but only did it for about a year in a half) and bought this established tank and have had it for a little over a month now. It came with this gsp, a darker gsp that is growing on the back wall, some rock flower anemone, a couple Rhodactis, some green mushrooms, kenya trees, and a crazy amount of Aiptasia.

I looked up branching gsp (didn't know that was a thing) and mine doesn't grow upward like that. There is one branching that sorta free floats from one part of the rock to another. And another branch that looks to be growing down. I'll have to check when the lights are on if it grows as a tube but I don't think it does.

I have some that broke off in the move when I got the tank and have them on a couple plugs.

Given enough time, it will cover every surface of your tank, to the exclusion of everything else. Just my $0.02. Others may have a more gracious perspective.

Given enough time, it will cover every surface of your tank, to the exclusion of everything else. Just my $0.02. Others may have a more gracious perspective.
Oh I'm absolutely aware of how prolific it is. I like it for now and will keep it in check. I didn't want to put it in DBTC as this stuff is a weed but in case someone wants some to grown on a wall or for other newbies to have something easy to grow.

Nothing wrong. Is one man's trash is another man's treasure. You never know but could help someone who is starting reef tank and understand how to take care of them.
Agreed, and thank you for offering it up, @joshness ! Branching GSP is different than regular GSP, and GSP is still beautiful. I'm currently trying to cover the entire back wall of my IM Nuvo 20 with a sheet of GSP to give it a nice neon backdrop.

Sorry, I'm new to reefing (I did try 15 years ago, but only did it for about a year in a half) and bought this established tank and have had it for a little over a month now. It came with this gsp, a darker gsp that is growing on the back wall, some rock flower anemone, a couple Rhodactis, some green mushrooms, kenya trees, and a crazy amount of Aiptasia.

I looked up branching gsp (didn't know that was a thing) and mine doesn't grow upward like that. There is one branching that sorta free floats from one part of the rock to another. And another branch that looks to be growing down. I'll have to check when the lights are on if it grows as a tube but I don't think it does.

I have some that broke off in the move when I got the tank and have them on a couple plugs.
You mention Aiptasia...
Your generosity is duly noted
But the odds are that you will be passing on a known pest that is very difficult to eliminate.
Again the kindness is noted
But please toss it in the compost when it leaves your tank

Back