Reef nutrition

Fresh off the boat!!!

Reefer Madness

Supporting Member
Who among us will be the first to test these out?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241007_203538_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241007_203538_Chrome.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 63
Initial impressions on R2R seem positive, but I take slot of what I read on there with a grain of salt...I thought about picking one up to use in a water mixing station but the suction cups wont work well with the container i have in mind and ended up going with a gyre to sweep the salt from the bottom.

$156 ain't bad tho....if it works

Initial impressions on R2R seem positive, but I take slot of what I read on there with a grain of salt...I thought about picking one up to use in a water mixing station but the suction cups wont work well with the container i have in mind and ended up going with a gyre to sweep the salt from the bottom.

$156 ain't bad tho....if it works
From what i understand it’s magnetic, but with suction cups added so if you bump the dry side off the wet side doesn’t just fall

Could be completely off, but that’s what I heard someone say and it sounds sensible

From what i understand it’s magnetic, but with suction cups added so if you bump the dry side off the wet side doesn’t just fall

Could be completely off, but that’s what I heard someone say and it sounds sensible
That's what I heard too, but might have been someone from this forum. However, the design inherently requires magnets anyway because that's how it would be able to transfer energy through the glass. Given that, it seems plausible that suction cup is a good solution to the dreaded dry side falling off the aquarium when one side is bumped, and completely ruining it, issue. I say that having a vortech dryside I need to try getting a replacement for because of that exact issue.

It says the larger one pictured is good up to 21mm thickness and on some of the other pictures you can see it has four smaller suction cups.

That's what I heard too, but might have been someone from this forum. However, the design inherently requires magnets anyway because that's how it would be able to transfer energy through the glass. Given that, it seems plausible that suction cup is a good solution to the dreaded dry side falling off the aquarium when one side is bumped, and completely ruining it, issue. I say that having a vortech dryside I need to try getting a replacement for because of that exact issue.
Screenshot_20241007-231044_Chrome.jpg

This might help...I plan on picking up a couple to try out for when I swap out my wet sides during maintenance

Back