Neptune Aquatics

Frozen food, where? how much?

Ok so I'm kind of running low on frozen food, and as much as I'd love to support LFSs... there really aren't any that are *L* to me. It's hard enough to drive an hour (one way) to get to one of the "preferred" stores of the area, I really feel bad doing it when "essential only" type transportation is the rule (and yeah I know getting food for fish is classified as essential, but ask those guys 7 guys who each got a $1000 fine for going for "essential beverages" in Santa Cruz, who I think came from Hayward).

So people who live closer to some of said preferred stores, what's their pricing for flat packs of mysid shrimp? Since those stores don't post pricing online, I don't want to drive an hour(or less since no traffic), and spend all that gas money, maybe even bridge toll to find out I should have just ponied up for the $30 shipping.

@fishdoctor will deliver, I hope everything’s doing well in the lagoon.

I take it that you don't have any PetSmart or Petco near you? In a pinch, that's what I do and depending on the store they carry the mysis, enriched brine, marine cuisine multipacks.
AC has great variety, and he will give me a 10% discount when I buy 12 or more packs...but you have to ask for a discount. Sorry, I don't remember his specific prices, but they seemed reasonable.

I do have Petco/Petsmart near me, completely forgot about them. Wonder if they have liveaquaria prices considering Petco owns them.. that said it's not super critical, the main food I use is flakefood just due to ease of use (yeah crucify me), but with the lagoon up I feel like feeding more "real" food. Hell I still have a couple packs of Rod's Food from MACNA when it was down in San Diego almost 4 years ago .. which shows you how often I feed frozen stuff :D

Back