Our mission

Gabe's "New" 100 Gallon Mixed Reef

Haven't been here in a little bit so here are some updated photos. Everything is doing great and growth has been good except for my frogspawn. I have lost a lot of heads quite slowly and haven't been able to pin down what it is. All of the other euphiliya seem to be doing fine. Additionally, @fishdoctor has been helping out with this tank.

These photos were also taken midday so the coral coloration is much better later in the day as you might expect. I will try to do a ~good~ photo shoot soon as the tank looks quite good it's just hard to capture on camera.
IMG_1938.jpeg
IMG_1940.jpeg
IMG_1945.jpeg
IMG_1947.jpeg
IMG_1949.jpeg
IMG_1950.jpeg
IMG_1951.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1941.jpeg
    IMG_1941.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I still want to add more fish and have been slacking on that. The marine betta from @ThRoewer has been doing great and is an awesome fish. Comes out when I feed now but it used to be skittish. My mandarin goby is also doing very well and one of my favorite fish. I saw a blue ribbon eel today at clear water aquarium which tempting but now sure that is the smartest choice my tank..

No ribbon eel. Good choice
Any fish recommendations? Open to anything. Maybe thinking a yellow coris wrasse for pest control (I had a monti eating nudi outbreak, but it seems to have subsided). Wrasses worry me though because I still do not have a lid on the tank and prefer not having one.

I prefer not to have a seat belt, it I wear one because it’s the right thing to do.
Maybe like 3-7 lyretail anthias I’d say.
I would love a nice little group of lyretails and I’ve tried before and just not had any success. They always seem to die in quarantine with me for some reason. I just do an observational quarantine usually. Just sucks cause they aren’t cheap either and I’m not sure why.

My clownfish has never hosted my anemones for literal years and I had decided to remove all the anemones from my tank this week since they have become an annoyance and la and behold my clownfish finally decides to start hosting the anemones this week. So now I am not sure what to do... Leave the anemones for the clownfish or remove them all anyways.

Back