got ethical husbandry?

Garage Coral Farm & 10' Reef Tank

Cody Ramirez

Supporting Member
Welp a new chapter in my garage system has just started, I'm expanding into the house!
The tank inside is going to be 10' long ~280 Gallons. The plan is to plumb through the wall tying into the existing garage system and upgrade the sump as well in the process. The sump is 7' long and is a beast! These new systems will put the total system combined volume at ~750 gallons.
Huge shout out to @popper for helping make this happen, he provided the tank and sump.
The tank has minor air bubbles between the euro brace and the bottom of the tank, after inspecting in person I am confident in filling the system with water.
See below images going over in further detail the plan, I will have full CAD layout in a couple days when I find the time to CAD the new system into existing CAD of garage system.

Current system in the garage right now.

IMG_3102.jpeg

Current living room setup, going to move TV over the fireplace and TV stand to the dining room area and turn that into a bar/liquor cabinet. Garage is right behind that wall so tank will go against that wall making it easy to plumb.
IMG_3223.jpg

Sump sitting in what I believe to be its final resting place, going to build a short stand for it to rest on and board for apex system to sit over and mounting system for kessil fuge lights.
IMG_3255.jpg

Beautiful tank itself! going to pick this up next weekend, borrowing my brother inlaws flat bed and might need to borrow my other buddy's crane if we run into issues going through the side gates.
IMG_3220.jpg

And this is where the inspiration came from for going through the wall, this is my buddy's system we built a few years back sump is in the garage and main system is about 25' of head pressure away from the garage. Funny enough same guy who made the sump I am upgrading to made this sump as well. Will probably copy his control board for this system as well just different color scheme.
IMG_2340.jpeg

Back