Neptune Aquatics

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

fingerwrinkles said:
Hey Jim, is that just the fuge that has life??? If so, I think you still have the title until something goes into the inside of the house!

Robin,

I just might have to put something in there before the tank tour. ;)

6b7c2f84.jpg

4a7038cc.jpg

4dee67b8.jpg

I picked up some frags from Mario (Xcaret), who was kind enough to hold some from a previous swap also...thanks Bro ! They're mostly sps: Red planet, pink sand dollar, purple monster, blue milli, etc. I proceded to dip them in CoralRx and intercepter. The FT is starting to look not so bare :D

1f10b60a.jpg

3cad5741.jpg

Okay...it's only taken me 1,330 posts and 130 pages to (drum roll) get some life in the beast. :D

I added 10 cleaner shrimp, 6 fire shrimp, 10 trochus snails, & 10 nassarius snails.

Now the title officially moves on to Robin (and maybe Mario at this rate). ;)

Looks good! I finally got started on your rock last night - hopefully I will get that finished before my next trip...trimming the back to make sure we get good contact with the magnets. It is going to take some time but I think it will be prettty darn sweet when it is done!

jestersix said:
Looks good! I finally got started on your rock last night - hopefully I will get that finished before my next trip...trimming the back to make sure we get good contact with the magnets. It is going to take some time but I think it will be prettty darn sweet when it is done!

Thanks Johnny,

I'm sure it will be the cherry on top of the rockscaping !

Phew! Just finished reading it front to back. I'm tired.
Congrats on a fantastic looking tank and an even more impressive system.
Very clean, very well thought out. I'm impressed.

As I was reading, I couldn't believe I was catching up to real time without any life in the tank! I was getting nervous. (Like when you're watching a show on the DVR and you get closer and closer to current time, and you're afraid you might have to sit through a commercial.) But I'm glad there's life in there!

Good job!!
Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the kind words. Kudos for reading through all 134 pages of the build thread !

I'm enjoying watching the shrimp and snails do their thing.

Back