Jestersix

Good filters for tank photography

Yes. The amazon one sucks.
The link i sent above doesnt have the yellow and orange filters that you showed in your post.
Looks like it only has the yellow, and not sure what the filter is to the left of it.

1598637394414.png

I have the v2 and I believe it is both the yellow and orange lens combined. Kit comes with just one filter lens, macro lens, clip on attachment, and a lens cap.

I have the v2 and I believe it is both the yellow and orange lens combined. Kit comes with just one filter lens, macro lens, clip on attachment, and a lens cap.
Dammit the polyp labs option wont work for me - i have the iphone 11 pro max and PL says it wont work with my phone. Boo!
1598639454969.png

@Rostato can i take you up on the offer of the Amazon kit ?

I tried for a month to find an Orphek lens kit but they were out of stock everywhere. So I ended up ordering the Reefing Art kit. I can't see a difference between it and the Orphek kit. In the kit there are a 15k filter, 20k, 15k graduated, 20k graduated, and a macro lens. I've been stacking the 15 & 20k graduated filters with/without the macro and getting pretty good results.

The problem is, it still LOOKS like a filtered picture. I really need to learn to set custom WB and do post processing from my DSLR & 60mm macro kit. Ultimately I think that's where the best results lie.

Dammit the polyp labs option wont work for me - i have the iphone 11 pro max and PL says it wont work with my phone. Boo!
Yeah I think that cluster of lenses on the phone is what screws it up. Now I'm not familiar with that phone and if the phone only takes pictures from one of the lenses for what you're doing then you should be fine, but if it does something where it takes photos from all 3 lenses and combines them together you're SOL on that... at least not without some heavy modification, and even then the spacing of the lenses may not allow for the filters to attach.

Another option is to look into gel filter sheets, which effectively do the same thing, they're bigger, you can hold them over the cluster of lenses without any sort of holder necessary. But there are a LOT of options when it comes to these, so maybe someone else who's more familiar with using them can help you narrow down

Yeah I think that cluster of lenses on the phone is what screws it up. Now I'm not familiar with that phone and if the phone only takes pictures from one of the lenses for what you're doing then you should be fine, but if it does something where it takes photos from all 3 lenses and combines them together you're SOL on that... at least not without some heavy modification, and even then the spacing of the lenses may not allow for the filters to attach.

Another option is to look into gel filter sheets, which effectively do the same thing, they're bigger, you can hold them over the cluster of lenses without any sort of holder necessary. But there are a LOT of options when it comes to these, so maybe someone else who's more familiar with using them can help you narrow down
I got my gel filters from here. http://buckfever-taxidermy.com/GelFilters.php If using the BAO tube, you'd want the 6x6

Yeah I think that cluster of lenses on the phone is what screws it up. Now I'm not familiar with that phone and if the phone only takes pictures from one of the lenses for what you're doing then you should be fine, but if it does something where it takes photos from all 3 lenses and combines them together you're SOL on that...
in my experience with my iPhone XS with 2 cameras I’ll actually notice it switches at a certain zoom level because I believe one is for zoom. But I’m not sure what the 11 pro does or other phone cameras, these multiple cameras get complicated. The cameras placement on the edge of the phone makes reflections somewhat annoying since ambient light can peak into the lens. So I try to turn off lights in my apartment before using it.

Back