Our mission

Hana Phosphate Meter- opinions?

GreshamH said:
Mr. Ugly said:
GreshamH said:
Pretty sure Hanna is like Omega anyways (they don't actually make anything themselves)
True, but at least do some proper quality control on the stuff you get from your suppliers.

Same like Ford or Toyota. Lots of their car parts are made for them by others.

Ever see a Ford or Toyota sell for $50 new? [...]
Tons of Ford and Toyota OEM replacement parts that cost far less than $50 are subcontracted and go through proper quality control.

Yep, I get annoyed at poor quality management.

Same like with the Reef Crystals salt, the SeaChem salt, the Hawk brake pads, the Stanley GFCI's.

If you don't know about the problem, that's one thing.

But if you know about the problem and you don't put the necessary effort to prevent/correct it, that's pretty lame.

Grrr... replacement cuvettes also scratched. One of them really badly.

I had guessed that Hanna subs out their cuvettes from some cheap supplier, but I just read on their website that they do all their own manufacturing.

:(

Mr. Ugly said:
Grrr... replacement cuvettes also scratched. One of them really badly.

I had guessed that Hanna subs out their cuvettes from some cheap supplier, but I just read on their website that they do all their own manufacturing.

:(

It sounds like they are just messing with you. :D

I'm sure :D

Manufacturing
We believe in controlling the quality of our products from their inception to delivery. For this reason, we manufacture all the products we bring to the market including, meters, electrodes, chemical reagents and buffer solutions. Our five manufacturing facilities are each specialized in a product family, ensuring stability and greater quality. Our engineers in manufacturing strive to achieve higher standards at all times, continuously investing in new manufacturing technology equipment as well as new manufacturing techniques. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, HANNA ® does not subcontract any part of the manufacturing process, from plastic molding, to glass blowing and chemical bottling, to PCB and electronic assemblies.

All HANNA ® products are in compliance with CE directives and our production facilities are ISO 9001 certified. Click here to view our ISO 9001 Certifcate.

So now they actually have seen the issue for themselves.

xp964 said:
Not sure why this happened, but I am sending new ones out today. I will inspect and wrap them myself. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and support.

Regards,

xp964 said:
We are continuing to research this issue and looking for a better way to manufacture and ship our cuvettes so that there will be no scratches or imperfections.

In the meantime, please note that these very small scratches and slight imperfections will not affect your results as long as they are not in the area where light passes through. This area is between the white 10ml line and 1/2" below the white line.

If you need replacement cuvettes, please PM me with your shipping information. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call our tech support department at 1-800-426-6287.

We thank you for your continued interest and support,

I posted:

Mr. Ugly said:
xp964,

Thanks for the followup!

From the looks of the cuvettes I've seen, it seems like maybe at some point there are a bunch of cuvettes piled into the same container where they can slide, rotate, and scuff against each other. Maybe where they are unloaded from an oven or washer, or when they go to be packed/picked.

hth.

It's a habit I have from making sure that none of the work coming out of my groups have quality issues.

Our customers are weasley unappreciative scapegoating backstabbing prima donnas.

And yes, I did just say that :D

I have to make sure that we're "perfect", because that's all we have in self defense. Techies don't play politics.

Back