Jestersix

Happy Holidays, BAR Style!

lattehiatus

Past President
Happy holidays, everyone! It's been a fantastic year, and I want to thank everyone who made it possible for the club to do so much.

I'd love to hear your favorite BAR memory or story in this past year!

My personal memorable moment was seeing the legendary Rich Ross... in a mad scientist lab coat complete with safety goggles and gloves. I thought there was a proctologist convention going on next door. :bigsmile:

My most memorable (embarassing) moment was the young lady that came to visit us when we were setting up for BAP on Friday night, who asked me how it feels to be bald!

Ian hooked me up with my killer stainless CO2 regulator this year and my night guard so I don't grind my teeth at night!!!!
Thanks BAR for the friends! :)

As VP of BAR, I have the distinct pleasure of scheduling the speakers. My motto is "why not bring speakers that you would typically see at MACNA ?" Matt Wandell, Bob Fenner, Dana Riddle, Tal Sweet, Rich Ross, Scott Fellman, & Tony Vargas made for a great 2012.

Wait to you see who we have scheduled for 2013 !

Thanks for past four months! I haven't personally been in the hobby as long as the rest of you but after watching and talking to Brandie about her tanks, it got me really interested in the hobby, particularly the science behind it. I think the most memorable moment this year is when Brandie finally converted me to a fellow aquarist, specifically to BAR. :)

patchin said:
My most memorable (embarassing) moment was the young lady that came to visit us when we were setting up for BAP on Friday night, who asked me how it feels to be bald!

LMAO! For the first half hour she was hanging around I thought she knew one of us. If it makes you feel any better Steve, the same young lady was two decades off when guessing my age. :p

lattehiatus said:
patchin said:

LMAO! For the first half hour she was hanging around I thought she knew one of us. If it makes you feel any better Steve, the same young lady was two decades off when guessing my age. :p

She thought you were 10?!?!

denzil said:
lattehiatus said:
patchin said:

According to my wife that's not too far off from my maturity! :bigsmile:

lattehiatus said:
denzil said:
lattehiatus said:
patchin said:

Haha, I think we have something somewhat similar in common. :p

denzil said:
lattehiatus said:
denzil said:
lattehiatus said:
patchin said:

OMG, did you also eat leaded wall chips?!? :bigsmile:

lattehiatus said:
denzil said:
lattehiatus said:
denzil said:
lattehiatus said:
patchin said:

OMG, did you also eat leaded wall chips?!? :bigsmile:

Erm, nooo...... :~

Best memory of the year: Going over to Jim's house and watching Jim introducing Denzil to his frag tank ^.^ Denzil keeps saying that I converted him, but really, it was Jim's tank and corals. :D

Now he's in the hobby with me and gets just as enthused about speakers like Rich, Tal and Tony. All the speakers were awesome by the way. Kudos to Jim for bringing such great talent to BAR. I can't wait until next year.

goldielocke76 said:
Best memory of the year: Going over to Jim's house and watching Jim introducing Denzil to his frag tank ^.^ Denzil keeps saying that I converted him, but really, it was Jim's tank and corals. :D

Now he's in the hobby with me and gets just as enthused about speakers like Rich, Tal and Tony. All the speakers were awesome by the way. Kudos to Jim for bringing such great talent to BAR. I can't wait until next year.

Sorry Denzil...you should have stayed in the car ! :D

Oh...and we have a great speaker lineup for 2013.

Happy New Year to all fellow reefers.
I attended my first meeting with Tony Vargas speaking. I sincerely enjoyed being around people who, like myself have an affinity for a hobby most can barely afford, but pursue with a passion anyway.
I can't wait for the next meeting / event. I hope to bring my wife, who recently agreed to allow me to build a new reef (provided I first put new carpet and tile in the house).
I begin the new year with renewed passion for the hobby!
Thanks BAR!!!
Also, can someone explain how DBTC works?

Best Regards,

John

Scarbird said:
Happy New Year to all fellow reefers.
I attended my first meeting with Tony Vargas speaking. I sincerely enjoyed being around people who, like myself have an affinity for a hobby most can barely afford, but pursue with a passion anyway.
I can't wait for the next meeting / event. I hope to bring my wife, who recently agreed to allow me to build a new reef (provided I first put new carpet and tile in the house).
I begin the new year with renewed passion for the hobby!
Thanks BAR!!!
Also, can someone explain how DBTC works?

Best Regards,

John

You are spot on - as Tony Vargas suggested, the most critical element to a successful reef aquarium is making the spouse happy! :bigsmile:

The DBTC FAQs can help explain the program, please let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

Back