Reef nutrition

Has anyone seen this before?

seminolecpa

Past President
It looks like a reversed pokerstar monti. Not sure if it is common or a find.

misc_4.jpg

That could very well be what it is then. Do you know what the difference is between the peltiformis and the other superhero/card playing site montis?

I have a peltiformis that looks similar too - mine started out with a nice yellow base, but it's been steadily getting darker over time.

Bryan,

Here's the coral database on peltiformis:

http://www2.aims.gov.au/coralsearch/html/201-300/Species%20pages/266.htm

Bonnie, mine started out light, turned brown, and is getting yellow again. A bunch of my montis go through a dark or brown phase after first getting into my tank.

Where do you have yours located, Norman? Mine is about halfway down under my 250w. It's finally showing some growth I think - it seems to grow sloooow.

Mines on the bottom under the 250w XM, but it looks like it should really be about halfway up.

I've had it for the longest time, and it's been super slow growing. Maybe starting to pick up a bit finally and showing yellow on the new growth.

I think I received a frag from way back when - methinks from Mr. Bookfish hisself - via raffle.

Once it encrusted it grew like gangbusters. Mine was located halfway up the tank (21" high).

Mine is up high under the 250 HQI, it seems to likes it. I have only had it from the meeting - won it in the raffle from Reef Ready.

Back