Neptune Aquatics

Hello Everybody

Yuk SUm

Supporting Member
Hello there

I been on this forum for a while and i think i should finally introduce myself.

I have always been a freshwater type of guy. Started with a 30 gallons freshwater goldfish. I then move on to the freshwater planted tank. with the whole rimless and ada tanks. I thought to myself that I would never get a saltwater tank.

But here we are. I started with a evo 13 and now I have upgraded that tank to a red sea reefer 350.

Red sea 350 v3white
Light: ap700
2 Nero 5
Jeabo dca 9000
Nyos 160 skimmer
Finnex heater

Thanks for looking. Look forward to advance in this reef!

Attachments

• IMG_20190620_215558.jpg
    IMG_20190620_215558.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 323
  • MVIMG_20190711_212738.jpg
    MVIMG_20190711_212738.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 333
  • MVIMG_20190711_212730.jpg
    MVIMG_20190711_212730.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_20190711_212703.jpg
    IMG_20190711_212703.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Both tanks look nice! Do you use an RO system to make fresh water for topoff and to mix into saltwater? Can you use that water for your freshwater tanks or do you need a third type of water?

Thanks everyone.
I am just waiting to let everything settle down before getting more coral. Do you think I would need more light if I want to do some SPS on the top and some LPS on the bottom. I would like a mix reef tank.

Both tanks look nice! Do you use an RO system to make fresh water for topoff and to mix into saltwater? Can you use that water for your freshwater tanks or do you need a third type of water?

Yes. I do have a RO/DI system for my top off and used to mix for saltwater. I just used tap water with prime for my freshwater. I find that the plant grow better with tap water than me using RO/DI. I find that for my freshwater, I keep it simple and everything just grow better. All I have in there is a eheim 2215, skimmer, co2 and light. That is pretty much is it. Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks everyone.
I am just waiting to let everything settle down before getting more coral. Do you think I would need more light if I want to do some SPS on the top and some LPS on the bottom. I would like a mix reef tank.

Yes. I do have a RO/DI system for my top off and used to mix for saltwater. I just used tap water with prime for my freshwater. I find that the plant grow better with tap water than me using RO/DI. I find that for my freshwater, I keep it simple and everything just grow better. All I have in there is a eheim 2215, skimmer, co2 and light. That is pretty much is it. Let me know if you have any question.

Yes, you probably need more light. Depends on which SPS though.
If you avoid acros for a while, might be fine.

Freshwater tanks need minerals also, hence the problem with RO. In particular, Alk to keep you PH stable.
They do make additives. Tap water generally works though, as you know.

Welcome.
I like both your tanks.
One bit of advice would be to keep the green star polyps isolated on their own rock. Otherwise when they start to spread, they'll overtake the tank and you won't be able to get rid of them easily.
I don't think you need more light. I have 1 ap700 over my tank and I can grow anything, including acros. The max brightness is set at only 60%.

Back