Cali Kid Corals

Hello from a newbie in Alameda

Hello from Alameda,

I saw a few others doing intros and was feeling kind'a left out.

I have 2 nano tanks (20 wide and 36 bowfront): Started my first SW tank (20 long) about a year ago when a friend gave me his extra rocks. It's de-rimmed and uses: slim skim nano, DIY LED (Bridgelux), Carbon/Phosban in TLF Reactor,
barebottom, Weekly 10% water changes, one clown. It's been up for about a year.

Having gotten the Reef bug, I started a 36 Gallon Bowfront about six months ago.
DIY LED (Bridgelux), Carbon/Phosban in a Subbarebottom, Weekly 10% waterchange, and a black clown.

I'm getting a bad case of tank envy as most people here have sumps bigger than both my tanks combined.

Here's the 36G Bow, Seems much bluer than in real life. I'm going to learn how to take a decent picture one of these days...
IMG_0053_zpsa78435c6.jpg

Man that's a ton of corals....
Definitely envious of your coral.
Even when my tank was up and running, I probably had the same amount of coral as any one quarter of your 36 bowfront. Hahahaha.

that's a beautiful nano tank, looks a hell of a lot better than mine, I too only have 1 clown and no other fish (yet) in my slightly bigger 45 nano..
I think I'm having nano envy by seeing that pic :p

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. Like I said, It's all pretty new to me but it's been real fun. The trickiest part is trying to figure out what coral is happiest where. With so many variables I'm lucky I haven't had too many misfortune's (KNOCK ON WOOD).

Funny. I actually started out wanting to do a FOWLR ONLY but slowly that changed when I realized that my stuff wasn't dying.

-James

That tank looks great! Welcome to the club. I haven't posted pics of my tank yet.....
I do not believe tank size matters, this art is more feng shui. What you can do with the space you have.
Now that you have the bug, just make sure your wife gets it too!

Back