Reef nutrition

Help move tank - Redwood City - Friday 6pm ish - no stairs !

Beanju

Supporting Member
Hello, I could use a hand ( actually 6 ) to move my 200 gallons from my garage to its final location .
There are no stairs and the path it fairly short .
I tried to move it myself and quickly realized it’s a dumb idea…
I am located in Redwood Shores
Thank you

Last edited:
Hey, it better be more than just two guys lifting an empty 200 g tank. I would say 4 minimum. If you have to push it to the weekend to accommodate Rich, I could probably help then too.

Empty, a 200g tank is probably 350-400 lbs I'm guessing and it's awkward.

V

Ah that should make this a piece of cake! Your first post said "There is stairs and the path is fairly short" you may want to edit that as it may discourage some people from wanting to give a helping had and taking a big tank through stairs us a major pain.
Oh sorry typo

so that's the path !

the tank is currently sitting in my garage and we have to go to the front door

IMG_5083.jpg

and then when we are at the front door, we arrived at the destination
IMG_5931.jpg

I have 6 suction cup

I have 2 carts like this
I have 2 of the harbor freight equivalent. The only issue is the wheels get caught on the cracks or any small bumps. Maybe if we used ratchet straps to keep the tank stable on them but I don't really like the idea of strapping around the tank too tightly.

If we roll it slow we just have to help the dollys past each crack. They may not roll well down the driveway either since it looks like you have a textured surface.

Right now it’s me, my wife’s cousin
Potential @Vincerama2 , a neighbor
I'll be there!

I would recommend that 1) You chase away that scary witch! 2) Halfway between the garage and door, you put some plywood or something on the ground, because even that short walk will probably have one of us saying "Hang on, hang on! Put it down for a second!" and if the only place to put it down is the grass or the sidewallk, it might take damage!

Those rolling things you have should work for us to roll it, but you'll probably need to pay some plywood on it or something. It will be hard to lower the tank onto the little 2x4 pads.
if your wife will also be there, it will be helpful to have someone position the dolly as we lower it down.

With the dolly, it should be good.

You know what BAR needs is a waist level cart with big heavy duty wheels (or large casters) for moving tanks.

Before I picked up my 180g tank, I built a wooden table on casters and I rented a truck and had the seller of the tank help me move the tank from the truck to the table, then I could just roll the tank around in my garage out of the way. It sat there for 2-3 years before I asked some BAR friends to help me move it from garage to livingroom.

I still have the table/cart, but the casters are too small and it's been in my backyard as a sort of work bench thing, so it's taken some weather damage, especially after the recent rains.
I wouldn't be able to get it ready for tomorrow, but I could probably put better casters on it and it could be a tank moving cart. I built it with extra long 2x4s that extend past the ends so they could be used as handles. Maybe I'll fix it up for future large tank moves. a 200g might have too large a footprint for it though.

V

Back