Neptune Aquatics

Help!!!! What's eating this?

Is that a chocolate mimic tang in your tank? I am only asking as I had one go nuts on some LPS in my 240 gallon. Once it got a taste for coral it was over. It ate an open brain, elegance coral and was getting a taste for favias. Also had problems with coral beauties and yellow foxface. If you do have a mimic tang I would keep and eye on it(Not sure if this is a common issue with mimic tangs). Good luck with the brain, it's gorgeous.

JRocha said:
Is that a chocolate mimic tang in your tank? I am only asking as I had one go nuts on some LPS in my 240 gallon. Once it got a taste for coral it was over. It ate an open brain, elegance coral and was getting a taste for favias. Also had problems with coral beauties and yellow foxface. If you do have a mimic tang I would keep and eye on it(Not sure if this is a common issue with mimic tangs). Good luck with the brain, it's gorgeous.

Thanks for the heads up. So far a perfect citizen, however I will keep an eye out. It is so cool to watch it change color as it matures. I hope it doesn't start picking. I am very pleased with the current fish stock. No pickers, so the coral are all opening up nicely and there is lots of movement in the tank.

@Erin........super SQUISHY!! One of these days I would like to aquire some of your food Erin. I think it's good to mix it up a bit, so the added variety would be nice. I will get ahold of ya and we'll venture over to the East side again soon. Peace!

COLOR!!!!!

Mike (Bondolo) YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! I started spot feeding the brain to make sure it was getting enough. Within a few days it had better shape and texture and the color is filling back in. I am very pleased. Thanks much for the advice.

IMG_3137_zpscecad187.jpg

IMG_3136_zps4bcdd844.jpg

Love the pics. The second one is so close I expect a tentacle to come right out and grab me!

What camera and lens are you using for these?

Those were taken with my iphone and cropped. The coral is only about 3" from the glass, so it's great to get macro's!

Here are a couple taken with the new sony camcorder.
DSC00166_zps443fef19.jpg

IMG_3137_zps55356cf4.jpg

Wow, I was expecting some $1000 macro lens! So many pics on the web are prefaced with 'sorry for the cell phone pics'. NOTHING to be sorry for here! Keep up the great work.

Back