High Tide Aquatics

Hermit's Nuvo 20g

Maybe a forest fire or bubble gum digitata? I like that they add some red to the tank.

Sorry about your loss, I get what you mean about it being harder than you expected. I felt the same way losing my blenny.

Lots of fond memories and learnings with Sebastian.

I do have a small frag of forest fire digitata on the central rock. Waiting for it to grow out nicely.

Planning to add a easy acro and a pink birdsnest. I really like the growth pattern of a pointed pink birdsnest, plus it grows fast and is forgiving.

Would love to trade for a for peach digitata or a forest fire digitata frag if someone is up! Wish I had kept a small frag for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DIY Fuge light upgrade

Upgraded the fuge light with some DIY LED strip array. Eager to see how it performs over the next few weeks.

Few years ago I had purchased a basic 6W nicrew led for a freshwater tank and I had been using it at the back of the IM Nuvo 20 g tank. The housing was perfect, however the LEDs weren't strong enough. As a part of fighting some algae in the display zone, I wanted stronger lights. I had a LED grow light strip which I wanted to reuse.

Before (OG nights from the freshwater tank):
Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 3.51.55 PM.png

After reusing the housing and inbuilt switches that came with that housing:
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 1.34.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 1.34.45 PM.png

Took some basic soldering, but I am happy with the result.

I used gorillia double sided tape for mounting it at the back of the AIO tank:
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 1.36.45 PM.png

Sump before and after:

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 1.38.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 1.39.40 PM.png

I was concerned about the heat, but the aluminum of old LEDs seem to be working out okay.

Last edited:
Nice mod. That’s similar to the light IM sells for fuges on their tank.
Is it plugged into a gfci or something so you don’t get hurt if it shorts?

Nice mod. That’s similar to the light IM sells for fuges on their tank.
Is it plugged into a gfci or something so you don’t get hurt if it shorts?
Thanks!
Great call out, I should've thought about a separate circuit breaker in first place. It's connected to the main power strip to which other lifelines are connected. Will add put it on a separate protected outlet.

I used this 25W light on an IM30 that worked out well for me. Also, if you don’t want residue from tape and easy removal for any reason, 3M command strips work well to attach the light.

LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Panel Indoor Plants Growing Lights Plant Lamp for Seeding Vegetable Flower (25W, Silver) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07RLM8...abc_EJKVVCXNPQZYPX5AQQK1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
This looks like a very nice option and is super affordable. Thanks for sharing the link @RandyC !

Back