Jestersix

Hey this is fun - no power

Lights flicker on

Lights flicker off

Computer turns off

Crap, make sure sump in sales office doesn't overflow. (Note to self: really need to fix the overflows in display tank at work). Btw, I had an inch and a half left before the water filled the sump. Whew.....

Rinse

Repeat Again

And so another Tuesday rolls on...........

Wow, that must have sucked.

I have the returns on the tank for now so they don't have to cycle on and off. The system is running on two powerheads - oh well. I just have to turn them on before I leave for tonight. Woo Hoo!

One of our residents came in and said one of the transformers (not from the movie) went ker-plowy. I asked "don't you guys have game tonight?" He said "Ummm...yeah...." he works for the Giants.

It's not just suck.. It's suck suck ;D ..

Yeah power outage everywhere.. Here it says 20,000 customers but PG&E said 51,000 plus.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/24/BAG9NR67253.DTL&tsp=1

Naw, it's been back up for the past two hours. It was just more annoying than anything else...power stopping and power starting and then power stopping again.

Course I also have a weird sense of "oh bother too" too. Like the Loma Prietta earthquake was an "o, bother....I wish it would hurry up and end because I need to get on the bus to get home...."

That happened to me a week ago, power went out twice within about 24 hours for no apparent reason... luckily my answering machine gave the "hey power went out, this is how you reset me" message. First thing I did, tromp downstairs for my tanks.. and lovely return pumps that don't want to restart for whatever reason unless I "nudge" them out of the water.. *sigh*

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2224.msg22174#msg22174 date=1185337695]
That's better than what I went through today.

Chiller failed on me and came home to tank temperature of 95F. :*(
[/quote]

Ouch :( .. Hopefully you don't lose much man :(

I will be probably purchasing another Vortec and a battery backup down the road for the house. Although we seldom have power outages for more than a hour. I do have an extra auto battery and inverter for the tanks at home.

It's the one at work that concerns me a little. It's a 155g tank with a 30g sump. Luckily I don't have more than a half dozen fish in the tank. Our apartment community i(where I work) is on a hospital grid or something like that, so if we lose power it's a really really big deal.

To be honest the tank would not be a concern at that point. Getting a few thousand people out of their apartments safely is bigger deal.

The only thing that survived were:
nuclear green paly
purple death paly
orange bam bam zoas
dragon's breath zoas
yellow submarines zoas
kedd reds zoas
horizons zoas
orange/radioactive dragon eyes
Tyree LE speciosa
Pipe organs: daisy, green
Cloves: blue, bloody fingers

Lost:
Pink birdsnest
Monti: Bali superman, true superman, pokerstar, rainbow, morning star, veruccosa, Tyree sunset
Acros: pink lemonade, purple monster, icefire echinata, green tenuis
Blastos: red, blood red, green center reds (all welsi)
Rics: yellow & green yuma, pink yuma, purple yuma, rainbow yuma, rainbow florida
Goniopora: purple, 'ultimate'
Acan: red & white
Duncan
Micros: area 51, pink lemonade, UFO, blueberries, sunset, rainbow, purple haze, stardust, Jendub easter egg, angel eyes, green star, Joe Mamaugh, smashmouth, tiger eye

:(

Back