Our mission

Hi all! new supporting member here from San Jose

Jhawk01

Supporting Member
Hi everyone, my name is Jacob and I am just introducing myself and looking forward to talking to everyone. To start off I have been around fish all of my life. The itch started with smaller freshwater fish as a young kid. Then moved to discus and semi planted tanks as a preteen. Then came reefing in late middle school early high school. I started with a 20 gallon all in one tank from Neptune aquatics that I don't remember the name of. Now I am in college finished my GE at West Valley and am now transferring to San Jose state in the fall. Now that I have a little bit more means (part time at golf galaxy) and access to things. I have a 65 gallon petsmart tank and another old standard 30 gallon petsmart tank that I started up a few months back. The 65 is an lps and softie tank. The 30 is a softie only tank for the most part. Overall I am pretty low tech still don't have the money to upgrade to fancy equipment but I make due with weekly water changes and maintenance. Overall on the lps side I love Hammers, Frogspawns and acanthophyllia (meat corals). On the softie side it's just the basic stuff zoas, bounce mushrooms, leathers. Overall really just looking for a community of people to be apart off. I've been doing this on my own for the last 9-10 ish years so any interaction, feedback, and ideas are welcome. Really looking forward to talking to everyone. Is there anything you guys recommend doing to stay connected to the group?

1715043600112.png
1715043647391.png

1715043689830.png
1715043752629.png

1715043869787.png
1715043921431.png

Welcome to the club! You have a very nice tank. Hopefully we can meet you at the up coming frag swap next month. Details about it can be found on the main fourm page.

Welcome Jacob! Cool tanks you have going already. Folks already said it, but definitely try to make it to the upcoming frag swap. I've only been to one so far, and it was a LFS sponsored swap. I keep hearing the members only swap is something even better!

Welcome to our place in space
And thank you for becoming a $upporting member.
It shows your dedication to both your reef aquarium and to this club
You have made the best investment in your reefing journey
Best fishes
Happy reefing

Back