Cali Kid Corals

Hi from Daly City

Hi there fellow reefers! Just wanted to introduce myself and share a bit of info. My name is Mike and Im from Daly City. Ive been away from the hobby for a very very long time(10 years or so). I finally decided to jump back in! At the moment I have a twenty gallon tank that is housing a clownfish and a couple zoa frags. Since I dont have much space to work with my idea is to make a three tier system. I plan on drilling two ada 60p tanks with a sump on the bottom. The top tank would house my clown and z and p collection with the bottom one either a display fuge or maybe an nps tank with a tube nem and some nice cup corals. I cant really decide at the moment. My main worry at the moment is building up enough cojones to drill the tanks. So if anyone has some tips they are more than welcomed!

Welcome Mickey. :) ADA drilling is a scary thing. I was warned and warned and warned never to drill the bottom of them... I did and it's fine. Not sure what they were talking about, but I'll pass on the warning I was given as after all, the sun shines on a dogs *ahem* every so often :D

Uum no his name isn't Nemo its Amphiprion Percula....What's the weird look for sir?

Hey if your gonna teach em, teach em right...

Amphiprion percula.

:lol:

Hello Mikey. Good luck with drilling the tank, only advice I can really give you is to use LOTS of water, and realize you're really not drilling through anything as much as you're grinding away.

Welcome, and drilling it's that bad, go slow w/ water and you'll be fine. be careful when you get to the end to not push through or you'll get small chips instead of a clean cut.

CookieJar said:
Welcome, and drilling it's that bad, go slow w/ water and you'll be fine. be careful when you get to the end to not push through or you'll get small chips instead of a clean cut.

Drilling an ADA is not like drilling a normal aquarium especially if it's on of the low iron ones like mine.

Hey gresham what would be the best way for me to go about it? Where would be the best place to drill? I was going to go with the bottom. Thanks in advance.

I did mine on the bottom as well. Mine is offset to one side (drilled on the 1/3rd mark). I went much slower then the other 50+ holes I have tanks I have drilled. I used a water damn and backed off rather often and I only allowed gravity to be the downward force (on the drill bit).

Do you know where your ADA was made? They've changed up the plants IIRC, I think Ian knows more on this though.

Back