Cali Kid Corals

Hi New Sucker from East Bay

Congrats! Hopefully Shaq and Kobe get along better than in LA haha.

Respect for taking things slow as well with a new tank. I'd recommend picking up some trochus snails (5 to 10) to help clean up algae before it starts growing now that you have inhabitants. Maybe some reef safe hermit crabs like Clibanarius tricolor (blue leg hermit crabs) and supply them with a few bigger dead cerith snail shells to grow into. And later a tuxedo urchin.

You can start easing into lighting the tank with low levels (maybe 10% if you have control for a few hours) so you can enjoy the fish during the day.

Hi All
My tank finally cycled and my first two clown fish- Shaq and Kobe have entered. High Tide and the dude running the store hooked me up with my clowns and his store is perfect.
The journey now starts and putting together the game plan for my Coral.
Wnated to tell you all wthout you I would not be here. Thanks!
You do know that Shaq or Kobe will have a transexual experience?!!

@Darkxerox thank you. Yes, I was heading to AC today to get some Trochus snails will take a look at the hermit crabs. I have the red Sea light so need to go figure out how to adjust but used one of the reccomended settings on the App. Need to figure out how to make these adjustments.

Shaq and Kobe have so far been doing great together. Yesterday they spent most of the time in the rear corner of the tank but today they are exploring the entire space. Shaq has been hogging the food and have noticed Kobe getting only a little but similar when Kobe was coming into the league and Shaq hogging teh ball.
I also ordered a Dracula Gobi from High Tide that he will Quartine for me and love the fact I dont have to dela with this quartine step.On a side note will High Tide have Quartined clean up crew? If he does Im going with him.

@Kensington Reefer Shaq and Kobe did have a unusual realtionship when they werre playing togehter and hopefully this transformation gets them connected. ;)
How does one tell when the transformation happens?

@Darkxerox thank you. Yes, I was heading to AC today to get some Trochus snails will take a look at the hermit crabs. I have the red Sea light so need to go figure out how to adjust but used one of the reccomended settings on the App. Need to figure out how to make these adjustments.

Shaq and Kobe have so far been doing great together. Yesterday they spent most of the time in the rear corner of the tank but today they are exploring the entire space. Shaq has been hogging the food and have noticed Kobe getting only a little but similar when Kobe was coming into the league and Shaq hogging teh ball.
I also ordered a Dracula Gobi from High Tide that he will Quartine for me and love the fact I dont have to dela with this quartine step.On a side note will High Tide have Quartined clean up crew? If he does Im going with him.

@Kensington Reefer Shaq and Kobe did have a unusual realtionship when they werre playing togehter and hopefully this transformation gets them connected. ;)
How does one tell when the transformation happens?
They will tell you!
The aggressor will undergo the transition from male to female

Hi all I added my first coral but fortgot what its called. :)

Attachments

• coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 80
Hi All!
Quick update and I guess I can call this thread my build thread or how long I will go thread ;) . My tank is doing very nice. Since my last update I have added the following:
* Pink Streak Wrasse- AKA- Lebron added to tank mates. Shaq & Kobe but Shaq definetly turning and might have a new name soon and be called Shakira
* CUC- but as reccomeded by Darkxerox added early and so far they are eating away. A ugly phase started but ended nicely. I added two Conch and my sand looks great
* Two corals a Torch and another I forget what its called. Its the purple one above the Trachyphilla and noticed Kobe hosting it a little. Speaking of the Trachy he does not open all the way like in the LFS. I changed locations to a lower flow but realised it might be too big for the tank and sand bed. I have seen the CUC under him sometimes. I might put him center on that rock piece.
* Have a Tunze 3152 ready to be istalled
* Dracula Gobi on order...Aka- Magic

Sadly, another 3 week busniness trip starts in mid April and need my ATO working so I have a happy wife and gradually getting her involved in water changes since she needs to perform a couple while im away. She will get a nice gift from Asia if my fish dont die and my corals are alive when I return.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 71
Looking good so far! You probably could go without a water change for 3 weeks just to not have anything bad happen with a rookie reef keeper doing them. Do a big change before you leave them one when you get back.

Ok, i will take the reccomndation. I think my tank is too clean as I noticed today that my CUC are sometimes under my Trachiphilla. I just noticed a Conch underneath the Trachy nipping at the bottom? Should I remove it? I need to feed the Couch now? I have two in the tank .

Hi All,
I noticed one of my clowns-Kobe rubbing his belly in the sand under closer inspection I see this spot underneat. He is not showing any ill effects and movibg great and eating. Should I be concerned?

Attachments

• kobe injury.jpg
    kobe injury.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 64
Hi All,
I noticed one of my clowns-Kobe rubbing his belly in the sand under closer inspection I see this spot underneat. He is not showing any ill effects and movibg great and eating. Should I be concerned?
Hard to see in that photo but it definitely looks like a sore or lesion. Just keep them well fed and see if it improves since they were quarantined fish.

Intresting happeings. My clown def the male has started hanging around the Pink Streak Wrasse all day like together. The female clown prowling all alone throught the day and pair up in the evneing.

Back