Our mission

Hi!

Hi Everyone,
It was great to meet everyone at the frag swap last weekend! Figured I would make the jump and join the club.

I've been keeping reef tanks for about a year and a half so I am by no means super experienced, but I have had a lot of success so I can't complain! I have a room in my garage I made into a fish room starting with one tank and evolving up to three tanks now, all in one system at around 150 gal, with a super old school skimmer and diy leds. For the first year I took it very gradually, but in the last six months I have delved into a lot more difficult to keep coral, which has made it even more rewarding.

I have really enjoyed reefing so far, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and be a part of this community!

-Sam

Attachments

• 20191023_191908.jpg
    20191023_191908.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 20191023_211615.jpg
    20191023_211615.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 212
Welcome Sam, glad you're enjoying the hobby.

Not sure if I talked to you at the frag swap, but if I didn't it wasn't due to anything in particular other than there being lots of people.

Hey Sam - welcome! Fun swap, right?
It would be great if you set up a Tank Journal (in that forum) when you get a chance. Check out some other members' journals to see how you want to do yours. We all like to learn about other people's tanks. Also, I think your info says you are in Vallejo. I am in Pleasant Hill, so not too far.
Question about one of your tanks - what is that large green flowing thing near the yellow tang? Green star polyps? Algae? Some kind of leather?
-Maureen

Welcome Sam, glad you're enjoying the hobby.

Not sure if I talked to you at the frag swap, but if I didn't it wasn't due to anything in particular other than there being lots of people.
I know how it goes at events like that, very hard to talk to everyone. I got some of your green slimer at the swap!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hey Sam - welcome! Fun swap, right?
It would be great if you set up a Tank Journal (in that forum) when you get a chance. Check out some other members' journals to see how you want to do yours. We all like to learn about other people's tanks. Also, I think your info says you are in Vallejo. I am in Pleasant Hill, so not too far.
Question about one of your tanks - what is that large green flowing thing near the yellow tang? Green star polyps? Algae? Some kind of leather?
-Maureen
Thanks! The swap was definitely worth the trip! Im already looking forward to the next! I'm thinking I will do a tank journal, I really like being able to look back at how everthing grows and changes over time.

The green in the center is GSP, euphillia on the right, and leathers on either end and the front center but they dont stand out as much. Theres a big long tentacle anemone behind it too.
056ab86ac07f88cc7f7f1d1315ecac46.jpg

welcome Sam.
what’s the red sps with yellow tips? that things got some crazy colors
That's bubblegum digi, it gets super colorful. I got it as a no name cheap frag at the first Coral Farmers Market this year. I have forest fire digi too but it doesn't stand out as much. Heres another frag, few months and I'll have some nice colonies!
63219c6636666bfece66e3f1c9ca4fbe.jpg

Hey Sam, it was great to see you again at the swap. I’m glad you enjoyed it, it only took 4 times reminding you about it I think :)

Sam is also working part time at Diablo Corals in Concord and has helped them get their tanks cleaned up and better stocked. If you haven’t been in a while you should check it out.

Hey Sam, it was great to see you again at the swap. I’m glad you enjoyed it, it only took 4 times reminding you about it I think :)

Sam is also working part time at Diablo Corals in Concord and has helped them get their tanks cleaned up and better stocked. If you haven’t been in a while you should check it out.

You were smart to start reminding me that early! Thanks again!

Yep Im the new guy, I run Diablo Corals Sundays and Mondays, would be great if people stopped by! I will make sure everyone is taken care of. I've really been trying to get the place clean, pest free and consistent and stocked up.

I did not know you worked at DC. I had planned to come in sometime today or tomorrow to order rotifers and look around. Have not been in for a long time due to being unavailable during your open hours. Maybe I will see you.

I did not know you worked at DC. I had planned to come in sometime today or tomorrow to order rotifers and look around. Have not been in for a long time due to being unavailable during your open hours. Maybe I will see you.
I'll be there 12 to 5 tomorrow. Hopefully see you there. The hours are one of my pet peeves, along with being open when posted. Trying to get them to where they work for more people, and be open when we say we are. But I'm only the weekend help... Sundays and mondays we will always be open the posted hours, can't speak for when I'm not there though.

We would definitely have to order rotifers I know we dont have any right now.

Just got in some new coral though, tanks are pretty well stocked.

Back