got ethical husbandry?

How to build a dual stage CO2 regulator for your ca reactor!!!

That is what is happening.

Solenoid is open, I have to open the needle valve, then the output gauge will go from 30psi down to 0 if I have reg pressure knob fully out (lowest pressure).

Seems different than I was expecting. I though with everything turned off, the output gauge will so 0. Then I turn the pressure knob to operating pressure as shown on the output gauge. Then I turn the needle valve to adjust flow.

Kinda like the reg on an air compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished mine.

So found out something interesting as I was testing for leaks. None that I found.

My inlet pressure gauge shows 700psi on a full tank. Is that right?

Main regulator is weirdly backwards for the pressure. I guess it makes sense but it's counter clockwise for decrease and clockwise for increase. So to turn off the gas at the reg, do I turn it fully clockwise like a normal knob and screw in or turn fully counter clockwise to fully decrease the outlet pressure till it says 0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes 700 - 800 is normal pressure. CO2 is actually a liquid in the tank and at room temp produces that much gas for 700psi.

If you want to stop gas flow completely shut off the valve on the cylinder. The big green knob is for adjusting outflow pressure.

I've still got an old rusty chinese regulator kicking around from my 140g tank. Your regulator setups make me want to toss it in the trash and just get a new one if I decide to do with a reactor in the future!! Lol. Wow!

Haven't been building much lately. How's everyone doing?
B5934F61-3B3C-46A6-A550-2D43F5205B9A.jpeg

Back