Neptune Aquatics

How to remove watermark on your car????

One side of my car looks really bad. I can't seem to remove them. I believe if I wax it, it will come out but what about the windows/mirror. I tried a lot of stuff but it won't come off. I don't think I can use wax on the windows or mirror. Does anyone know?? :-[

NO RAZOR BLADE!!!!

Are you talking about water stain on the paint or the glass? Different applications can remove the stain.

Wax won't do anything to a water stain. Maybe polish (depends on the aggressivness of the polish) can "remove" the stain. You should be able to clay it to remove the contaminants whether it be the glass or on the body.

I still wouldn't use a razor blade on glass.

You can still winding a fat scratch on the glass, more so if try to scrape it while the glass is dry.

Phong - if you want to some clay bar let me know I can dole out a bit for you.

scratch glass? with a razor blade? Not unless you put some serious force into it, unless glass manufacturers have been doing something radically different, it should be nearly impossible to scratch with stainless steel.

I've put scratches in my glass tank before it's not impossible.

If you scrape paint off of glass i.e. windows assuming the windows are dirty to start with therefore gritty you can put in hairline scratches in the glass.

Well from a geology-dork perspective, scratching and gouging are two separate things :D

But yeah, microfine pieces of rock (probably silica based) will scratch some glass. However watermarks that won't come off, usually won't be because of any gritty particles, and it the scratching won't be because of the razor blade directly

Btw Phong what the hell are you washing your car with that leaves watermarks that can't be removed... with water :D

I don't think it's water.

It sounds like the water leak from a cement slab garage. The lime from the cement if you let it sit on your car will just eat away at the clearcoat.

It's water.. Thanks to the damn water sprinklers - sun - sprinklers - sun .. :D. I was too lazy washing my car so the marks/spots on there for a while. When I tried to clean them off, they won't come off.

claybar work?? is that the same stuff the kids play with??

Maybe I should just take the damn car to the carwash and have them clean it. ;D

Ummm...no not the same as playdoh or the stuff the kids play with. It's actually stick as it's meant to work with a lubricant detail spray or in some cases diluted car wash solution. As you run the clay bar over the wet surface it pulls contaminants off.

Clay bar sets (clay plus lubricants) can be found at your local Auto Zone, Grand Auto, Kragen, etc. They run about $10 to $20 for the set as I last recall. If you decided to clay, you should follow it up with at least wax as it will pull the was off leaving the car unprotected.

As you can tell I'm a little detail crazy.

Claybar will work on your windows.

Definitely don't use a razor blade; my bro scratched the back window of my car that way.

Back