Our mission

I think I need to stop lol

No lol I don't hey everyone I just got into saltwater tanks 3 months ago I ve been fresh for over a year now and made the switch. I went from a 5 gallon from when I got out the army to 90 to a 180 lol now I m a red sea max 34 gallon and I m easy like 1000 into corals lol WTF I didn't know this was so addicting. I haven't even got into chalices yet. I got the tank for $400 bucks and it came set up with a chiller and live stock. Didn't like it so I got rid of everything but the sand. Now I got tonga rock chillers is running and lots of upgrades tunze 9002 skimmer with mod and a media basket. Fish I got naso tang, yellow tang, clown, male and female red mandarin, male red shooter, pistol shrimp with yellow face goby, pink and green sea cumber, lots of Mexican turbos and blue hermits, I got star fish and a pink bubble tip anameia. Uggggggggggh

Corals lots of polys fire and ice purple people eaters atomic greens green implosion popper green dragon eyes candys and a big brain gsp but I m still adding

This hobby is worst then my car I can't stop improving and I m but to remove the hood and go 90w led but other then that I love it and can't wait to go to the meeting I ll post pics soon and can sumone tell me how the meetings go

Hey Anthony,
Welcome to BAR. I hope your tank is a bit seasoned with all the livestock you are describing. It's a little hard to resist "filling it up" with fish and coral right away. Best to add a few things and let them settle in for a bit before adding more. Especially with a large fish population. They add a lot of ammonia that needs to be broken down so it doesn't kill your coral. Your bio load will be swinging like crazy and the "good bacteria" population will need to populate in order to break down your organics. Sounds like a nice tank! :)

Welcome to reef tanks. John makes a very good point about overloading the system prematurely. Are you testing for ammonia and nitrates? It sounds like your 34 gallon system is new (removing everything but the sand) and has fish that would fill a 180 gallon tank. Naso tangs can exceed a foot in length. You will be able to learn a huge amount about the reef keeping by reading older posts on this site, as well as other sites like Reef Central. Good luck!

yea i ve stopped and for the naso tang i think i m gonna take him back i dont have the heart to keep him cooped up even thought hes 2" i test every other day i had red bellys alittle whille before and they where bad at poluting the tank i cant wait to go to a meeting its hard to talk to others and the wife about reef tanks no one knows the joys of watching it grow. i dont know why but i tell stores about my stuff and its spreads really fast my fire and ice is taking over alot and my new rocks are green coraline and turning lite purple and my back wall is almost covered but for a few spots. but i m taking care as best i can

whens the next meetings?
what goes on there?
are there things for sale?
and dose anyone have tutti fruitty polys lol those are really nice

lol getting ahead of my self and when i find my camrea i ll take pics

my spelling is bad i know

Might want to take a look at the BST forum container, it reads:

Buy/Sell/Trade Forums
This forum is open to BAR members only. Any Buy/Sell/Trade threads posted outside of this forum by non-members will be moved.

costa510 said:
...whens the next meetings?...
what goes on there? ...

Welcome to BAR !

BAR seeks to promote, foster and encourage education and appreciation for the ethical husbandry and propagation of marine life

You will find BAR being different than most clubs, it's a wonderful community.
I've been a member for almost three years and have met people along the way that "have heard or read somewhere" about BAR, I've recommended BAR to quite a few people but of all, only one has become a member and I think likes it here pretty much.

Meetings are the second Saturday each month, open basically to everyone but is not a monthly marketplace. Some of the meetings are of course members only and are posted as such.
What goes on in the meetings is basically "BAR seeks to promote, foster and encourage education and appreciation for the ethical husbandry and propagation of marine life "

On my own experience can say BAR is by far THE best club.

+1.

We pay hundreds yearly to different memberships, mainly for kids activities, only $20 BAR for myself. I say only this membership worth every cent.

As for money spent on the hobby, I think from positive side, for me it is certainly less than the money I lost on stock market, one single bad trade cost me couple of thousands. At least I spend money on hobby I have fun and enjoyment :)

Back