Jestersix

Identify pest

That level of cyano or whatever it is shouldn't be affecting your zoas. If they are upset, something else is wrong. A little cyano/dinos/algae won't all of a sudden go out of control, especially if regular maintenance is being done.

In the first two pictures, the corals seem fine.

OK, WELL MAYBE I SHOULD GET A ZOA FRAG TO SEE IF IT PRODUCES, THE ONLY ONES I HAVE LEFT ARE SUNNY D'S BUT THOSE ARE MORE PALY THE BAM BAM'S HAVE ALL CLOSED UP... I WAS CONVINCED IT WAS VERMETID SNAILS WITH THEIR WEBBING AND THEN THIS NEW THING WHICH IS WEBBING TOO... I JUST WANT ZOAS TO THRIVE!!!! HELP HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, WELL MAYBE I SHOULD GET A ZOA FRAG TO SEE IF IT PRODUCES, THE ONLY ONES I HAVE LEFT ARE SUNNY D'S BUT THOSE ARE MORE PALY THE BAM BAM'S HAVE ALL CLOSED UP... I WAS CONVINCED IT WAS VERMETID SNAILS WITH THEIR WEBBING AND THEN THIS NEW THING WHICH IS WEBBING TOO... I JUST WANT ZOAS TO THRIVE!!!! HELP HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Come over, I'll get you more zoa's

New photo, it’s on my frag rack now: I’ve noticed it’s pretty much on all four of my sps and all my zoas… and it may have little white circular in it at times

Attachments

• D37BD721-C37B-40F2-BE63-9FF724ED32F3.jpeg
    D37BD721-C37B-40F2-BE63-9FF724ED32F3.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 124
I did 48 hour Chemiclean and not
Much happened - isn’t it weird that it’s on the frag rack suspended. I’ve always seen it on rocks and sand

Attachments

• 34FEA891-9373-437D-A731-2935CF15B54D.jpeg
    34FEA891-9373-437D-A731-2935CF15B54D.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 121
  • C7C21586-5B5B-42AD-BFA8-9687A8B2646A.jpeg
    C7C21586-5B5B-42AD-BFA8-9687A8B2646A.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 119
Have you tried blowing it all off then watching the tank at night with a flashlight. Would maybe help separate it from a bloom vs a mucus?

Still looks like Cyanobacteria to me in those pics. Cyano can be pretty easily removed with a siphon tube or turkey baster sucking up without having to scrape or anything. Have you tried that, and does it come up easily?

Get a scope.

From the picture, it looks pretty snot-like and brown which would make me guess dinos, in particular Ostreopsis. Does it go away at lights out and come back when the lights go on? If you can confirm with a microscope that it Dino’s and Ostreopsis, then a UV can clean that up real fast (sometimes in just days).

See an old post from me for pics of Osteropsis that I had the pleasure of dealing with.

Post in thread 'BAR Bio-Transplants?'
https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/bar-bio-transplants.24945/post-363966

Get a scope.

From the picture, it looks pretty snot-like and brown which would make me guess dinos, in particular Ostreopsis. Does it go away at lights out and come back when the lights go on? If you can confirm with a microscope that it Dino’s and Ostreopsis, then a UV can clean that up real fast (sometimes in just days).

See an old post from me for pics of Osteropsis that I had the pleasure of dealing with.

Post in thread 'BAR Bio-Transplants?'
https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/bar-bio-transplants.24945/post-363966
I think you’re into something… I’ll look into getting a UV

Still looks like Cyanobacteria to me in those pics. Cyano can be pretty easily removed with a siphon tube or turkey baster sucking up without having to scrape or anything. Have you tried that, and does it come up easily?
Yeah the master has it come up easy and then I scoop with net… but it still returns

Back