Reef nutrition

IM Nuvo 20 bedroom tank

This tank was restarted in August 2019 when I moved apartments. At the moment it only has 1 misbar clown it in it with some hermits. I need to get some more snails for it. It originally was my going to be anemone/softy tank as it would require less maintenance. Life has happened and it was more neglected for about 2 years now and am getting back on it. the first pic is what my tank was looking at in Dec 2018. It had just got started in August 2017 when I started attending UCSC. I ended up moving out of there in June of 2019 and stored my tank with Jeff down at License to Krill for about two months while i looked for a place to live. So when I found a place then I brought all my livestock back home. I also have a 39g Cad tank that I had and will be in another Journal page with links eventually haha. But when I set this tank back up I had about 6 bubble tip anemone and a carpet anemone. I was trying to get them to grow quicker and split by aggressively feeding them. One day i ran out of food, and decided to use shrimp from the freezer and overfed the tank as i fed all the anemone like a dummy. Maybe about 2 and a half shrimp. I don't know what I was thinking. Then I panicked when everything looked to be like they were dead the next day, and smelled really bad. I still had a couple of clowns and a sixline in this tank at the time, so as I was panicking and I tossed all my anemone and did an 80%WC. felt better about it immediately as well as regret in panicking and possibly tossing all my anemone when they probably would have been fine. So a few weeks latter I picked up an acid wash anemone from someone in Daly city and started again with anemone. Fast forward to today where my tank is now something I'm getting back to something nice. I have done about 5 water changes on it in the last 2 weeks. and am going to be doing one today. I got some coral from H2OPlayar when I stopped by to pick up some chaetomorpha. Pictures are in order from oldest to newest being how it is now. I couldn't find all my old pics that are not on my phone at the moment so I put up what I had. Ill try and find some more pictures later.

Last tested on 2/7

75.2 F
SG 1.025
pH 8.5
dKH 11.8
NO3 29
NO4 .66
Ca 360
Mg 1520

I have been using Hana checkers for all but Mg, Ca which are red sea tests. I believe my Ca test to be off as all my saltwater was made with RSCP which I mix to 35ppt and comes out pretty consistently at 460-465.

Ill be testing today before and after my water change to get a better idea of what my 5g change does at a time. Possibly give it 4 hours to turn over in tank. I have it pretty high flow right now around something like 560g an hour plus the wavemaker in the tank.

Attachments

• tank at UCSC.jpg
    tank at UCSC.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2414.jpg
    IMG_2414.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 116
Man its been a year since I last updated this journal. Other hobbies are taking up a lot of my time, if anyone is into modeling trains ;) However this tank has kinda been on auto pilot. I really need to get an orange lens for pictures. I haven't tested in the last month but will be doing a water change today and ill see what my numbers are then. Its been about 3 weeks since my last water change. Going to be looking to make some frags of the space invader chalice in the front of my tank if anyone is going to be interested. I could put it in BARcode when I make the frags and they have healed. Depending on interest I may make more than 2.

Attachments

• IMG_4294.jpg
    IMG_4294.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4293.jpg
    IMG_4293.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4292.jpg
    IMG_4292.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4291.jpg
    IMG_4291.jpg