Reef nutrition

IM Nuvo 20 Tank Journal #1

If there are any maroon clowns/ 6 line wrasse experts out there
So here is the situation:
-Currently, I have only 1 lightning maroon in my tank, only fish in my tank in general. From the swap I got a green BTA from @Vincerama2, and the clown has already hosted it. I would like to add another maroon to pair the two clowns and a 6 line to remove any pests that I may not know about.
-Is my maroon going to be aggressive towards the 6 line and/or the new maroon if I add it into the tank? since a) the maroon doesn't have a mate and b) it now has anenome to protect?
-How do I approach adding these two fish? Do it first add the 6 line? or the other maroon? at the same time?
Please let me know how I should approach adding new fish to the tank, or should I even add new fish at all...

Tough call. Ideally add a smaller clown. Maybe at the same time as a small six line. Might Be a good strategy to use an acclimation box for the new clown for a bit. @Corallus posted about how he approaches adding the new clown in depth recently but I don’t know where it was.

plus 1 on the sizing and acclimation box like Coral reefer mentioned. I was in a pinch and even used a cheap critter keeper (vented on the lid) with a mag cleaner holding it in place for a acclimation box.

Tough call. Ideally add a smaller clown. Maybe at the same time as a small six line. Might Be a good strategy to use an acclimation box for the new clown for a bit. @Corallus posted about how he approaches adding the new clown in depth recently but I don’t know where it was.
plus 1 on the sizing and acclimation box like Coral reefer mentioned. I was in a pinch and even used a cheap critter keeper (vented on the lid) with a mag cleaner holding it in place for a acclimation box.
How long would you guys say to hold the clown in the acclimation box for?

Back