Jestersix

Imperfect Fragging Supplies in action

Just wanted to give a glimpse of the process. As we make the conversion to ceramic we’ve had to scale up. We use to produce about 5k plugs a week and with this new process I am hoping to be at ~15k a week (depending how much time I actually have). Still fine tuning but hoping to have a consistent production soon just hard being the only employee lol
IMG_5294.jpeg

Time, consistency, etc. My plugs were a cement mixture before and they are doing great but I have to soak them for about 1-2 months before I can sell them. So turn around is a big factor as I can throw these in the kiln as soon as they are dry. Once out of the kiln they are ready to go. People also seem to be a little skeptical about cement even once cured they don't cause issues. For the cement, I have to make the mixture and pour it as fast as I can before the mixture hardens on me. It gets pretty hard when you need to fill a bottle, pour it into molds, and then vibrate them to get out all the air bubbles before the mixture isn't usable anymore. I also can not keep up with the demand, a few of my clients are farms and they go through thousands a month and I am constantly selling out/short on stock.

I hope the ceramic plugs aren't impossible to clip the tails off of... actually dented my coral clippers on a plug some days ago

Ceramic is cool though, slight peace of mind with the leaching thing

I always liked the porosity of cement based tiles. Seems like ceramic doesn’t have that. Never really liked them mostly for that reason. And the hardness
Mine are a bit thinner. Ill be keeping some items cement (torch stands) but not all. I have taken that into consideration after talking with a few and we are roughing up the surface to allow glue to adhere better.

I hope the ceramic plugs aren't impossible to clip the tails off of... actually dented my coral clippers on a plug some days ago

Every once in a while I come across a purple frag plug. No idea what the brand is but those are impossible to cut.

Yes, I just dug one up. Put a tiny dent in my cutters as well.

View attachment 62033
Those are the worst!

I wonder if the white ones from Reefing Art are also like that? Because I use the white ones lol. I haven’t tried cutting them yet

Back