got ethical husbandry?

Increasing salinity with DOS?

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
I tried a setup where I turned off the ATO and instead tried to use the DOS to pump in saltwater but it didn’t quite work. It was either running constantly or too infrequently and didn’t seem to turn off when the ATO sensor closed. I think there’s a battle between straight programming of the DOS and the dosing interval control. Has anyone done this? Any tips? Should I try a simpler approach.

I suppose I could fill the ATO container with salt water and let it do the work. I could maybe take the ATO pump out and set it in a SW container...

Or just dump in salt ;)

What are you trying to do? Slowly increase the salinity of your tank? If so, probably easiest way is ATO or water changes.

here’s a calculator if you want to do it via ATO

quote; take the ATO pump out and set it in a SW container...
that’s what i would do.
& once your desired levels are hit, just move the ato pump back to the fresh water jug.

Wait a min, there is an easy, safe, and straightforward way to gently increase salinity- turn off your ATO and just add saltwater once or twice a day to replace evaporated water until you hit your target salinity.

So you’ll spend 3 hours setting up something to (maybe) do the work you could do in 1 min a day for a few days?

Try this:
1593137306303.gif

Back