Reef nutrition

inD Aquatics aF4 frozen feeder

PjFish

Supporting Member
Anyone have one and feedback?

They were kickstarted 4+ years ago ago now finally available.. Can hold 50 cubes and keep cold for 21 days.
Apex and Hydros compatible for more control..

Yeah I saw the crowdfunding kickstarter when it began but never jumped onboard! Was a long haul especially during covid anyone who wanted their money back were refunded.. Apparently the guy sold his house and put a decent chunk into it..Curious if one of the big boys will buy him out for the patents!

Interesting. I'd be curious to see nutrition differences and fish feeding behaviors versus freeze dried.

In theory should someone be able to feed foods that need refrigeration as well, like the reef nutrition stuff or AB+?

Interesting. I'd be curious to see nutrition differences and fish feeding behaviors versus freeze dried.

In theory should someone be able to feed foods that need refrigeration as well, like the reef nutrition stuff or AB+?
Yeah the problem I see is that some foods are really fatty and leave a ton of residue on whatever they touch. I figure the lines getting cleaned only by tank water won't be enough after a certain amount of time. Not a super fan of the line into the return pump intake alternate method either for this reason if biofilm or fats would deposit onto your impeller, or would the heat help with that. Plus it really seemed to chop the food up too much.

I figure adding liquid foods into the mix would work too. Definitely want to hear how people are using it and how it works for them.

Watched the whole video it looks cool. I agree with the running it through the return pump, it seems like it would be like blendering it up alot.

This would be great if it worked as shown without any unexpected issues for vacations.

Maybe the next Version will include a small display screen and more options for programing multiple feedings a day. Which might also make more complications by adding more potential failure points.

Very high price tag for someone like me, but would be very useful to someone who travels for work alot.

Thermoplate cooling is extremely inefficient. Unless it’s a real frig with a condenser. Which I know it’s not. It will use as much or more electricity than your big frig in your house. Some with those little cute frigs. I think the smallest real frig are those dorm frigs.

Back