Jestersix

Inkbird Wifi

Lullaby

Supporting Member
I just received my Inkbird ITC-308 Wifi units! I'm so excited. I replaced the old Jagers in all my tanks with Finnex units with controllers, but this will make me feel even better about leaving the house, lol.

1000009904.jpg

Does anyone have experience with the wifi models in particular? I'll be able to set them up no problem but if there's anything you think I might want to know I'm all ears.

I could be wrong. And I don’t want to give you bad advice. But I thought the Wi-Fi ones sucked. Maybe hold off until you can confirm. Just incase you need to return them.

I could be wrong. And I don’t want to give you bad advice. But I thought the Wi-Fi ones sucked. Maybe hold off until you can confirm. Just incase you need to return them.
I was worried about that too - I've seen really polarizing reviews. I have the option to return them until next month.
What about them made you want to go with another model, if I may?

I thought I seen a thread where someone was talking about them cuz I was thinking about one too. Maybe it was @JVU said something about the Wi-Fi model wasn’t great.
Thank you for the heads up! I found the thread and convo here and based on their experience and others' as well, I belive I should be okay, so long as my UPS doesn't fail. My internet is hooked up to it, and the main complaints seem to be connectivity issues, software blips, and awful UI.
If I do encounter any weird hardware issues I will promptly be returning them all for non-wifi versions. I only bought the wifi version because it was on sale for 15 a pop.

I have two wifis, one for close to two years, and they both seem to work work well, I check their calibration monthly, and they are barely off.

However, I still do not trust them to turn off a potentially broken heater, and I am using an Aqualogic controller for this specific purpose. I do like that they have an audio alarm and alert me remotely of heating issues, both things the Aqualogic cannot do.

I use the Feit app to connect to the inkbird controller. Phone warns me when something is off. Been running for at least 7 months.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240527_160712_Feit Electric.jpg
    Screenshot_20240527_160712_Feit Electric.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240527_160718_Feit Electric.jpg
    Screenshot_20240527_160718_Feit Electric.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 35
I have had two of them running for over 3 years with no issues. Wifi has worked well. When I did get an alert once it was because the heater had failed. On a side note make sure you keep the probes somewhere where they wont get high and dry doing a water change. Fist time I was doing a water change the inkbird started alarming and my phone started buzzing. One of the probes had come out of the water and the temp reading dropped.
G

I also apologies for being a downer, but I find them to be very flaky. I bought another one recently to test it out and see if my unit just went bad, but the main issue I have with them is they seem to freak out when wifi goes down. It's as if they get stuck in some loop trying to reconnect and push their data to the inkbird cloud, and as part of it the temp starts doing major swings. At first I thought it was a coincidence and me overthinking things, but I've had it happen numerous times.

I also find they are really slow to update their temperature reading. This may be correlated with the above issue. Sometimes it'll be nearly 1-2°C off and a reboot fixes it.

I'd have a secondary temp measurer.

Back