Reef nutrition

Iridescence in Clownfish

MolaMola

Supporting Member
I don't follow fish breeding, but this bit from the folks at Coral Magazine caught my eye:

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 9.34.38 AM.png

Twisted

Supporting Member
That’s so beautiful! I need to get rid of my maroon clowns eventually and get a pair of these or storm clowns

kinetic

wait, are we being sarcastic or is my taste for a beautiful clown really far off? that looks scary.

bluprntguy

Supporting Member
To each their own. I think it looks great. If I was in the market for another clown, I'd definitely get one of these.

Flagg37

Supporting Member
I’ve always been a purest when it comes to clowns. Maybe the black and white ones too.

JVU

BOD
I’m not a purist in the sense that the original is better because it’s the original. But I haven’t seen many if any designer clowns that I thought looked as good as the normal colorations. This one definitely included.

NanoCrazed

Supporting Member
So they've been trying to breed the blue in clowns for awhile now. It was first discovered a few years back by one of the breeders but was not consistent. A lot of this has to do with inbreeding...to yield designer clowns.

if you look at most the clowns (occs and maroons, at least) closely, they all have a hint of blue... just a matter of bringing it out more apparently.

Last edited: