High Tide Aquatics

Jeff's Upgrade to DSA 105

I scored another 360 and will install it this weekend. also hope to get the face frame installed this weekend. When I win the Apex at the raffle my build will almost be complete! ;);)

038a7c21aca85abb8bb2f88ca995897f.jpg

Face frame beginning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you thinking now?

I have two DJ switched outlet thingies that I want to mount inside the cabinet and have the two MP-40 drivers beneath one, and the Kessil controller, Skimmer controller, and ATO on the other.

Of course they will be mounted on a grey board with the scarlet grommets.

Cut holes in the drywall and installed metal grommets for the wires to run through behind the drywall instead of through the top of the stand

Sounds good. Figure out the drip path in the event of a flood (and the likely separate drip path for splashing while making frags, etc), and make sure they are not in that path. I'd build a wall (or even a 95% wall) left of your sump and then put the electronics in the next compartment to cut down on humidity.

Everything still doing well since the move?

all the wires go through grommets 3" above the bottom of the tank to prevent exactly that in a flood!
Good idea.

Don't discount water running down the front and bouncing off of doors. Sadly the voice of experience here. Fortunately it was drips from my arms and splashing rather than a true flood in my case, but still landing on things I didn't want wet.

Question, just to the right of the stand is where I would like to mount my RODI unit. Thing is, I need to remove it occasionally to change the media...my hope is to plumb a fixture under the tank for the main line before the water gets cleaned. However, I need to be able to quick disconnect it to change the media. I struggle with the push quick connect fittings. Should I just plumb a faucet style with the screw on adaptor and pressure fitting and just unscrew it when it's media change time?

Hose faucet is what I’m used to seeing, along with a drain if you’re able. You can always put a long loop of extra tubing on the input side and an extra shutoff valve on the line so you don’t have to disconnect it when you pull it out. That or leave space to change the media without pulling the unit.

Back