Cali Kid Corals

Legendary corals orange cyphastrea

Coral reefer

Past President
3E677A39-3120-49BD-B0B6-9680A69069C3.jpeg
similar color to the polyps on a meteor shower, but body and polyps are just all orange. Standard rules, 2 frags back in before sell or trade. pickup in sf nights and weekends. Update the chain and the thread with pics at least once or twice a year.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in one, still need to pick up the red lepto as well. PM me if you'll be around south peninsula, lower east bay or south bay. Maybe we can meet up or have the opportunity to show you my tank in person. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t seen totally orange cyphastrea and would love to add one to our collection of half a dozen. Also interested in seeing your frags because ours are overgrowing their original plugs and I need to decide how to frag and mount them.

I am going to leave this in my shroom corner to hopefully recover, but I think my piece won’t make it. I think I had difficulties with placement. I kept it low at first to avoid it getting too much light, and then eventually moved it and glued it to the back wall after it was doing well in the sand bed. A snail proceeded to somehow dislodge the superglue and the piece fell behind my rock work to meet its demise. After finding it back there I can see a lot of the tissue receded, but there is still some encrusted parts on the plug so I will not pull it from the tank in hopes that I may recover.

I am going to leave this in my shroom corner to hopefully recover, but I think my piece won’t make it. I think I had difficulties with placement. I kept it low at first to avoid it getting too much light, and then eventually moved it and glued it to the back wall after it was doing well in the sand bed. A snail proceeded to somehow dislodge the superglue and the piece fell behind my rock work to meet its demise. After finding it back there I can see a lot of the tissue receded, but there is still some encrusted parts on the plug so I will not pull it from the tank in hopes that I may recover.
Sounds about right. Good luck. Hopefully I’ll have more in a bit

Back