Our mission

LF Chaeto in Oakland

Can anyone who is around Oakland spare a handful or 2 of Chaeto. I'm fighting a hair algae outbreak and hoping starting a fuge will help out compete it.

Thanks

I got GHA growing in the fuge too. Better than display. I clean it out once a month.

I got Chaeto in SSF but it comes every pest in my tank for free. Clean Chaeto FTW....

I got GHA growing in the fuge too. Better than display. I clean it out once a month.

I got Chaeto in SSF but it comes every pest in my tank for free. Clean Chaeto FTW....

soak chaeto in RODI for an hour. It’ll kill most pests, if not all, you don’t want. Chaeto will be fine. I have chaeto in Castro Valley if you want a curbside pickup.

soak chaeto in RODI for an hour. It’ll kill most pests, if not all, you don’t want. Chaeto will be fine. I have chaeto in Castro Valley if you want a curbside pickup.

I was reading about doing a dip before on Chaeto and it doesn’t seem to kill all pests. I’m sure you can sift through it and find everything but it’s still sounds very ymmv. It will certainly kill all parasites and fish diseases but what about certain worms and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of AlgaeBarn's "Clean Chaeto" they make it point of emphasis in large font on high up on the page as one of the first things you see after the picture
Free of Parasites
All of our macroalgaes are kept in their own closed system. They are cleaned, treated, quarantined, and inspected before they are sent to you. This ensures that no unwanted pests & parasites make it into your tank.
but then as you scroll down in much smaller font,

PLEASE NOTE: We go to great lengths to treat, quarantine and remove any unwanted parasites, hitchhikers, and other organisms from our macroalgae. However, we do not guarantee that this item is completely and totally free of anything unwanted. This is because sometimes spores, eggs, etc. can remain viable but not visible, despite our strict quarantine procedure. As a result, we always recommend that you properly quarantine anything new that you are adding to your tank.

So yeah. everything is cleaned, treated, quarantined and inspected.... but we don't guarantee any of that will do anything so you should quarantine and inspect yourself :D

Back