High Tide Aquatics

Live phyto

Any one growing live phyto and pods? Just wanting to see who is doing this besides me and Damian, and if not would anyone be intrasted in buying some? Was considering expanding our system for others to get good live clean pods and phyto for a fraction of the price...

I was growing pytho, it seem pretty easy. They grow very fast and couldn't give them out fast enough to the club members. My wife doesn’t like all those bottles of green liquid sitting in our fridge so I stopped. I tried culturing Pods but failed to grow them.

Last edited:
I get concentrated live phyto once a month from from Coral Hub shipped from Sacramento. I've been overdosing phytoplankton (1/2 dropper per 40gal) for a while without a nutrient spike or unwanted results. I mostly use phyto with a 1/2 gal monthly restock of pods to feed my pod only fish.

Okay so some of us do and some don't, I keep a great amount of live phyto along with cultures of pods, the set up is on a small scale at the moment so that way none goes bad in the fridge, and pods...well I don't think you could ever dose more than enouf of them lol

Definitely interested in supporting locals for pods and phyto! Perfect timing since I wanted to seed my new tank. Please PM

Did it myself for a bit just for personal use but not enough time unfortunately to continue

Back