Cali Kid Corals

Looking for 40g“plug in and play”

I have yet to start my 40 gallon reef tank, I’ve chosen not to go with a canister filter and do a refugium. I don’t like the shape of my current tank and I don’t like my stand. I was informed by my local store to come here on BAR and see if anyone is selling a “plug in and play” 40 gallon tank, stand and refugium underneath with the plumbing all set up.

Many of the replies are going to be “become a supporting member”.

It’ll probably gain you a lot of extra help if other members can see that you’re willing to contribute back to the club and keep it alive :)

Don’t get pressured, but we can get very excited to share this club with you haha

Just curious, who is your local store that recommended BAR? Props to them for pointing you in the right direction. One of the many many benefits of BAR is the Pay it forward, Buy, Sell, and Trade forums can only be accessed by supporting members. I don’t think there are currently any 40g setups posted in those forums. Maybe someone has one laying around they have been meaning to post.

What is it with your current tank that you don’t like?

Another option is to join the many other Bay Area reefing Facebook groups. “Bay Area Hella Salty Reefers” group often has people posting lots of stuff for sale.

Also check out FB marketplace, Craigslist and OfferUp.

I have yet to start my 40 gallon reef tank, I’ve chosen not to go with a canister filter and do a refugium. I don’t like the shape of my current tank and I don’t like my stand. I was informed by my local store to come here on BAR and see if anyone is selling a “plug in and play” 40 gallon tank, stand and refugium underneath with the plumbing all set up.
I have to say that a 40 gallon with a sump is rare! I was actually looking for one myself without success. Only 34 gal I have seen is a Red Sea 170 that has a sump.

Another option is 40 g innovative marine that is an AIO-the back space would allow to put in a 3D printed mesh device to grow microalgae.

Be curious if someone does have a 40 gal with sump

I have to say that a 40 gallon with a sump is rare! I was actually looking for one myself without success. Only 34 gal I have seen is a Red Sea 170 that has a sump.

Another option is 40 g innovative marine that is an AIO-the back space would allow to put in a 3D printed mesh device to grow microalgae.

Be curious if someone does have a 40 gal with sump
@fishy408 has a IM EXT40L with a sump.
@TMK112 has the older taller IM EXT40 with a sump.
I think now most people jump up to IM EXT50 with a sump like @Bruce Spiegelman

I don’t think theres many 40g tank models out there that’s sump ready. Yhe FijiCube 32g or 48g are close.

Back