Kessil

Looking for custom metal enclosure supplier

Hi Everyone,

I'm still on my quest to make my enclosure somewhat easier to manufacture and I'm looking now for a metal box alternative.
Plastic seems to be ok, but the problem I'm finding is that most have 3mm top to be able to be sturdy and 3mm is a little too thick for the sockets available in the market. The solution to that was to have sockets with screws, which would cost more in labor.
Does anyone work with sheetmetal and powder coating or have someone local to refer me to?
Thank you in advance.

IME you'll spend a lot more on metal enclosures, especially sourcing in the states. A company I worked for needed metal enclosures and spent a TON on getting them built and powder coated. For single space server style box, powder coated, it cost us over $200 a piece. We only needed a dozen. The price break was at 100 units and it wasn't much of a break.

Why not make your own mold and do it right? PM me if you want to go this route, I can help :)

+1 on what Gresham said, having a mold made may seem a little expensive, but it will save a ton of money in the long run, you may even want to make your own mold.

Back