Kessil

Lopedota Family Red Sea Reefer S G2+1000

nlopedota

Under the Sea Aquatics
LFS Owner
So my amazing wife purchased this beautiful tank for me for my 42nd Birthday. Delivery is expected next weekend. The Display is 210g and 7’ long. The tank well be placed in our living room. Our living room floor sit 5’ above the foundation so we will need to build reinforcements.

Attachments

• 0A8437DD-ECEB-413D-A34E-B2DA6CDE2729.jpeg
    0A8437DD-ECEB-413D-A34E-B2DA6CDE2729.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 84
Thank goodness I decided to put a rat slab under the house during the build this is directly below the tank location. From this spot to the right is where the fish room will be.
5F4F7073-757E-4577-8AD9-C0C68AD01CCD.jpeg

6”.6” lumber is expensive. I used 6.2 PT on the floor 6.6 DF on the corners and 2.6 DF for the rest of the supporting lumber. Fish room starts tomorrow.
DB210022-B37C-4CD3-B63F-8F8732D1A8A8.jpeg

Attachments

• 45F404C4-9E46-4C68-9876-9D12C6D3AE56.jpeg
    45F404C4-9E46-4C68-9876-9D12C6D3AE56.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 63
Very nice! The S-1000 is an amazing setup with lots of great features. I love mine. What's the plan for the fish room? Are you going to relocate the sump? Or for like water changing station and stuff?

Very nice! The S-1000 is an amazing setup with lots of great features. I love mine. What's the plan for the fish room? Are you going to relocate the sump? Or for like water changing station and stuff?
Do you have any photos would love to see what you have done.

I see, so you'll probably use the extension sump as a refugium and plumb in frag tank separate? Fish room sounds sweet. I've always wanted to have a sump elevated so I'm not crouching over to do maintenance.

Here's my tank journal

It’s been a bit since we had time to focus on the new tank we were in a realy bad accident on the way to CFM. Tank has arrived and will hopefully be delivered tomorrow. Here is a photo of the sump room in its barest form.

Attachments

• IMG_5541.jpeg
    IMG_5541.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 86
It’s been a bit since we had time to focus on the new tank we were in a realy bad accident on the way to CFM. Tank has arrived and will hopefully be delivered tomorrow. Here is a photo of the sump room in its barest form.
Sorry to hear that. From the looks of it, this has incredible potential. Looking forward to seeing how it comes along.

Ugh sorry to hear that is everyone alright? I can keep a lookout for any frags you're looking for if you can't make the swap Saturday.

Ugh sorry to hear that is everyone alright? I can keep a lookout for any frags you're looking for if you can't make the swap Saturday.
Thank you everyone for the kind words, we are feeling much better.
Hi all and thank you for the kind words Melissa and I are doing much better. We will be attending the frag swap Saturday and look forward to seeing everyone there. Realy hoping to find a gold or rainbow’s frogspawn.

Excited to say our tank arrived today along with an unexpected surprise. Thank you to everyone from Under The sea Aquatics that came to help bring the tank into the house. Special thanks To Rick for providing the 250lbs of Carib Sea arches and shapes.

Attachments

• IMG_5548.jpeg
    IMG_5548.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5550.jpeg
    IMG_5550.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5554.jpeg
    IMG_5554.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5556.jpeg
    IMG_5556.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5567.jpeg
    IMG_5567.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
IMG_5583.jpeg

Started playing with the idea of how I’m going to set this space up. Below are 2x30” cabinets and a 8’.30” deep top. Being only 5’7” it feels a bit high with the equipment on top I will need a ladder to get inside of the sump. So I’m going to pick up some cinder blocks and try building up from that. blocks

View attachment 47529
Started playing with the idea of how I’m going to set this space up. Below are 2x30” cabinets and a 8’.30” deep top. Being only 5’7” it feels a bit high with the equipment on top I will need a ladder to get inside of the sump. So I’m going to pick up some cinder blocks and try building up from that. blocks
May as well spend the time getting it exactly how it will work best for you.

Being only 5’7” it feels a bit high with the equipment on top I will need a ladder to get inside of the sump.
5'6" here. Be prepared to get your armpits wet when working inside the 26" deep tank :p
Can they can plumb in a drain and water supply to the room? A dedicated utility sink would be my dream to have so the wife doesn't complain about me washing stuff in the kitchen sink.

Back