Jestersix

Lytretail Anthias Tips

Hey all looking for any advice on lyretail anthias. I've tried them a couple times in the past and it seems they always die in quarantine for me. I really want a nice school in my tank and I want to try again but looking for any advice first. Has anyone had success with any online retailers to buy them from? Or any specific LFS (or any that have them in stock right now). Thanks and appreciate any help!

I don't have any tip but I have great luck with the 3 I got from Quality Marine (buddy with Whole sale license ordered them for me).
Kinda took my chances (was going on vacation 1 days after received theme) and put them straight the the Display tank. One got very aggressive until it turned Male! Now all getting along just fine. I thought they would be very aggressive the Sunburst that I added recently but so far no issue.
The Male is very colorful; of my favorite top of the water column fishes.
20220820_152343.jpg
20220820_152618.jpg
20220820_152355.jpg

When you quarantine do a careful hypo salinity at 12ppt so they can have more energy to heal (less energy they have to spend on keeping osmotic balance) - one of my fathead anthias apparently had a swim bladder issue initially and I think doing this helped her survive. I echo @H2OPlayar feed anthias as often as they’ll eat. Reef nutrition fresh/refrigerated foods like the oyster eggs and arctipods might help wild fish start eating, wait to train them on dry food when they are healthy and fat again.

I don't have any tip but I have great luck with the 3 I got from Quality Marine (buddy with Whole sale license ordered them for me).
Kinda took my chances (was going on vacation 1 days after received theme) and put them straight the the Display tank. One got very aggressive until it turned Male! Now all getting along just fine. I thought they would be very aggressive the Sunburst that I added recently but so far no issue.
The Male is very colorful; of my favorite top of the water column fishes.View attachment 41238View attachment 41239View attachment 41240
I like the red algae stand in the back. You’re mixing fathead anthias and lyretails? How is that going? I’m finding my male fathead is actually pretty aggressive at getting food around other fish but the smaller (females?) are a little more shy. Looks like you have one dude though?

I like the red algae stand in the back. You’re mixing fathead anthias and lyretails? How is that going? I’m finding my male fathead is actually pretty aggressive at getting food around other fish but the smaller (females?) are a little more shy. Looks like you have one dude though?
Thank you! My buddy gave me those Dragon Breath and I ziptied them to the return nozzle.
Yes, the Fathead was in my 34gal Cube. I just got rid of the tank and I love it so much that I transferred to my big tank. So far so good; he was the last one in so I think it helps with aggression plus I only have one. Looks like Male cause very colorful

That’s a good idea. My returns have hair or ulva growing on them because the fish won’t go up there, maybe I should try rubber-banding some macros to block nuisance algae up there.

Back