Kessil

Magnet Cleaners

The other thread on buffing out acrylic reminded me - I need to get a stronger magnet cleaner than the one I have now (Magnavore 4). It works fine for regular use, but for my scratch removing kit, I think I need one that's rated one step higher. I was looking at the Tiger Shark float, but that's $90. Conversely, the Mag Float rated for the same acrylic thickness is only $25. Is there a big difference between the two? I'm just curious as to why there's such a huge price difference.

Or if anyone has a used one for sale, let me know - I'm looking for one rated for 5/8"-3/4" thick acrylic.

Mag float is a piece of junk. I use it for my frag rack ;D ..

Even the hammerhead float is 10 times better than the Mag Float 350/360 ..

i use this

http://www.therme-at.com/index.htm

it works very well on acrylic but you will still have to get your hands wet for coraline.

I use the mag float to clean off the thin green coating of green algae for my glass tanks.

I use the piranha and the hammerhead on my tanks - these work well on glass tanks.

On acrylic tanks, like many other magnet cleaners, it will scratch easily if you accidently pick up a stray piece of hard debris.

What's wrong with the Mag Floats?

I mainly just need something with a stronger magnet than my Magnavore, so that it will buff/sand the acrylic better when trying to get scratches out.

The mag float will not be a stronger magent. My piranha mag cleaner is stronger than the biggest mag float. The biggest mag float that looks a little smaller than an Altoids box.

Back