got ethical husbandry?

Magnetic frag rack

Reefer Madness

Supporting Member
So unfortunately my efforts of convincing the wife to get a frag tank are falling on deaf ears. So I was looking to get a large frag rack with magnets that would be able to properly hold while filled with frags. My glass is 3/4 inch thick and i have bought racks that's say they are for 3/4 but when filled become dicey. If anyone has experience with larger magnetic frag racks I would love some suggestions.

I think he is the best. Every time I ordered somewhere else, I regretted not buying from him. I believe this is one if not the biggest frag rack he sells. You can enter the code ‘humble’ and get a 10% discount.

IMG_1971.jpeg

I like the Oceans Wonders N52 Mag Rack Pro. I have 3/4” glass and I have a bunch and use these all the time. For many years. They also honor their lifetime warranty, which is nice. And they let some light through to whatever is below, and since they don’t have large flat horizontal surfaces they accumulate less algae.

I was looking at these. How full have you stacked this rack? I was also looking at these. https://www.zen-reef.com/shop/3202/
You are welcome to try this one if you want, I can bring it to the swap. Having a strong eencasing for the magnets inside the tank is the most critical after the strength of the magnet itself IMO. I have not seen a rack which is as good encapsulated as this one but I am sure there are others out there.

I like the Oceans Wonders N52 Mag Rack Pro. I have 3/4” glass and I have a bunch and use these all the time. For many years. They also honor their lifetime warranty, which is nice. And they let some light through to whatever is below, and since they don’t have large flat horizontal surfaces they accumulate less algae.
I seen these at aquatic collection when I was there the other day but it was still sealed and didn't wanna ask to open if I wasn't %100 going to buy it. Knowing you use these definitely adds reassurance as I'm sure you have had them maxed out lol

You are welcome to try this one if you want, I can bring it to the swap. Having a strong eencasing for the magnets inside the tank is the most critical after the strength of the magnet itself IMO. I have not seen a rack which is as good encapsulated as this one but I am sure there are others out there.
Thank you for the offer but I am probably going to buy one of these and one of the ocean Wonders then compare what one i like better. Then maybe I will fill them both up and try to convince my wife there isn't anymore room and I need a frag tank lmfao

Reactions: JVU
Yeah my wife said definitely no frag tanks long ago and has stuck to her guns. She’s right, as usual, since I have trouble keeping up with maintenance on just the display tank.

Having a set of magnetic frag racks available makes it possible to frag up a bunch of corals to share as needed pretty easily.

Back