Jestersix

Matthew's 65g Skyward Reef

Buying one from me takes 90% of the risk away, the other 10% is adding them to the display tank and praying that nobody stresses them out or bullies them, then they stop eating.
They are such a gorgeous fish too. I can see why so many are imported and put on the market. I have decades of experience in a different hobby that basically did the same thing. Why buy a $300 animal that was CBB when I could get an import from some other person for pennies on the dollar. All too damn common. I have fallen into that trap many times. I do get it. It's worth the risk. But again, at the expense of the creature. That's the ugly side of our human nature unfortunately. Ok...off my soap box. Sorry.

So knowing that you have put a significant amount of time (which costs more than anything else on this planet) and more overhead than typical imports, there's still that 10% chance of failure on our part. Whether it be the quality of our environment or other tankmates. Would it better to plan on getting them first into a tank? Or which fish should be avoided due to territorial disputes that would cause it to get stressed? I love the idea of having one in my display, but a $300 gamble is a tough pill to swallow for this budget friendly family guy.

They are such a gorgeous fish too. I can see why so many are imported and put on the market. I have decades of experience in a different hobby that basically did the same thing. Why buy a $300 animal that was CBB when I could get an import from some other person for pennies on the dollar. All too damn common. I have fallen into that trap many times. I do get it. It's worth the risk. But again, at the expense of the creature. That's the ugly side of our human nature unfortunately. Ok...off my soap box. Sorry.

So knowing that you have put a significant amount of time (which costs more than anything else on this planet) and more overhead than typical imports, there's still that 10% chance of failure on our part. Whether it be the quality of our environment or other tankmates. Would it better to plan on getting them first into a tank? Or which fish should be avoided due to territorial disputes that would cause it to get stressed? I love the idea of having one in my display, but a $300 gamble is a tough pill to swallow for this budget friendly family guy.
There are easier butterfly’s you can keep. People really love the Copper bands because they want them to eat aiptasia (besides looking nice)

There are easier butterfly’s you can keep. People really love the Copper bands because they want them to eat aiptasia (besides looking nice)
That's eventually why I want one. To hopefully take care of that pest for me so it never becomes a problem. But is it true that they may not always be keen to eating them? Because that would truly suck to have an expensive fish that isn't doing what you want it to. That would be my luck honestly!

That's eventually why I want one. To hopefully take care of that pest for me so it never becomes a problem. But is it true that they may not always be keen to eating them? Because that would truly suck to have an expensive fish that isn't doing what you want it to. That would be my luck honestly!
There’s no guarantee they will eat aiptasia. There are other options like peppermint shrimp or berghia nudibranch.
I would try to avoid aiptasia by inspecting incoming corals, removing plugs, and removing any that make it in immediately. Only add something to eat them if they become an issue would be my advice.

Decided to cover some pest zoa with some JB Epoxy Water Weld. Vaporized a few sticks and chalice. Made poor decision to not do an immediate water change and run carbon. Did it today. Lets hope the worst of it is over.
1000004058.jpg

Back