Reef nutrition

Monthly Cocktail and Coral talk at HTA

under_water_ninja

High Tide Aquatics
LFS Owner
Hey guys I’ve thrown around the idea of doing a “cocktails and coral talk” at the shop. Bbq some easy foods, have some drinks and talk reef. I want to have a speaker each month, doesn’t have to be a well known “somebody” . Just reefers that we can relate to as well as other guests. I am thinking of doing either Sunday evenings or Monday evenings, I am closed on Monday so that might work better was thinking about 5 or 6 o clock going until about 8 or 9. I want to limit it to about 30 people. I have space out back for tent canopies, bbq, people who smoke, etc. Please let me know what you guys think about this idea. I threw this idea around with @Thales and we think it could be good for the local reefing community. I might have first speaker lined up, he is a marine biologist who recently work with the Smithsonian on STN. Think it could be a good talk. Hope to hear from everyone. Cheers,
Kenny

Hey guys I’ve thrown around the idea of doing a “cocktails and coral talk” at the shop. Bbq some easy foods, have some drinks and talk reef. I want to have a speaker each month, doesn’t have to be a well known “somebody” . Just reefers that we can relate to as well as other guests. I am thinking of doing either Sunday evenings or Monday evenings, I am closed on Monday so that might work better was thinking about 5 or 6 o clock going until about 8 or 9. I want to limit it to about 30 people. I have space out back for tent canopies, bbq, people who smoke, etc. Please let me know what you guys think about this idea. I threw this idea around with @Thales and we think it could be good for the local reefing community. I might have first speaker lined up, he is a marine biologist who recently work with the Smithsonian on STN. Think it could be a good talk. Hope to hear from everyone. Cheers,
Kenny
Looking forward to hearing more details once they are confirmed! Let us know how we should sign up.

Looking forward to hearing more details once they are confirmed! Let us know how we should sign up.
Yes of course, I just wanted to hear people thoughts and times it would work best. Once I hear from people I’ll get the details organized and get this ball rolling!

Alright so it looks like sundays are best for everyone. We can start at 6 when I close, but I would need a volunteer to come in at 5 and get the grill going and table and chairs set up outside. Maybe @Hamada or @Reefinglens or Daniel the lazy reefer would want to help with that. No just need to figure out what Sunday of the month. If @Thales is down to talk, that would be an amazing opening speaker!! And I would be down to get the ball rolling! I will provide food, sodas and water for this first event and see how things go, if this becomes a thing maybe the club can contribute towards food costs. As far as beer or cocktails i am exploring what would be the best option for that. I’ll have something figured out in the next day or so. Rich let me know what you think, you can also text me. Cheers everyone! This is going to be exciting!! Oh and feel free to buy some corals and stuff, lol!
Kenny

Alright so it looks like sundays are best for everyone. We can start at 6 when I close, but I would need a volunteer to come in at 5 and get the grill going and table and chairs set up outside. Maybe @Hamada or @Reefinglens or Daniel the lazy reefer would want to help with that. No just need to figure out what Sunday of the month. If @Thales is down to talk, that would be an amazing opening speaker!! And I would be down to get the ball rolling! I will provide food, sodas and water for this first event and see how things go, if this becomes a thing maybe the club can contribute towards food costs. As far as beer or cocktails i am exploring what would be the best option for that. I’ll have something figured out in the next day or so. Rich let me know what you think, you can also text me. Cheers everyone! This is going to be exciting!! Oh and feel free to buy some corals and stuff, lol!
Kenny
Let me know once you figure out what Sunday. If I'm free I'll volunteer to help with setup and getting the grill going.

I’m really excited for this! It can be a great thing for the club!! As well as the others in the reefing community. I’m only going to offer to Bar members though. Depending on how many people show up, lol

Kenny
Hey Happy to do this sometime after MACNA! Thanks for thinking of me

Last edited:
I’m really excited for this! It can be a great thing for the club!! As well as the others in the reefing community. I’m only going to offer to Bar members though. Depending on how many people show up, lol
Maybe after you've done a few and get the feel for how many BAR members show and if its not packed, you could open it up to some of your regular customers who aren't part of BAR and it'll be a good way to get them into BAR lol

Back