Our mission

Mushroom cages (free)

richiev

Supporting Member
I've been tuning my 3d printer, and printed a couple mushroom cages. I'm not sure the best way to show these as available and free, so I just created a Pay it forward for them: http://barcode.bareefers.org/bc/shared/985b688694ae9deebdf10339de5b67a0

They're about 55mm in diameter, 35mm tall. Fill with rubble, put a mushroom in. I should be able to scale them bigger or smaller, including making them ovals.

Pick up in Redwood City, free. In the future feel free to ping this thread if you want one and I can print more, if I have filament and the time. The ones I currently have are clear plastic (which prints opaque). They're made from PET-G so should be safe as any other 3d printed item you'd buy and use (such as all the random flow generators or online mushroom cages).

16448666713831533189509903370460.jpg

Good on you @richiev !! Glad you got PETG sorted out on your printer!
Thanks for the filament references! Turned out just upgrading to the latest software and learning the settings more makes it a lot better. Who'd of thought 10 years of updates would make a difference : facepalm:

I still would like a printer upgrade, but that's not in the cards at the moment. I might put a feeler out on Craigslist to see if I can sell mine. If I could get $100 I'd just switch over to something like a Prusa mini kit, which would have a much bigger platform, auto bed leveling, and just generally be fresher.

If anyone here is interested in buying a 3d printer lmk. I've been finding it surprisingly useful to have, in comparison to my experience 10 years ago.

If you need any printing help, don't hesitate to ask. I've been making reef stuff for 4 years.

An ender 3 with an upgraded hotend is the most cost effective way to go. That's what VCA and I both use.

Feel free to claim one through the BAR link, then message me a preferred pickup date. I'm in Redwood City, and will leave it outside for you. I'm pretty sure I have one already made in clear.

hey there, id be interested in 2
I've got a couple ready made. Pick up in Redwood City whenever. Ideally claim one through Barcode, just so I can track it, but whatever. Main thing is lmk a date and approximate time and I can leave two outside for you for a porch pickup.

Currently printed in clear.

Bonus points if you have any of those DBTC frags still available, but free either way.

I have made anemone guards, though I'm not sure if I have any lying around right now. I think I have a MP10 one available.

I'm in Redwood City. If you want one pm me a date and approximate time and I'll send you my address and leave it on my porch.

Back