Kessil

My First Reef: Redsea 525XL

Dang, that's a good size solorensis there.
That one came from @Gablami. He has an annoying habit of splashing water (to knock the floating food from surface down).

that gps is making me nervous
I trim them back every few months. The branching type on the right started out as one stick last year.

It’s so good to hear an update. Like it’s already been said, your tank looks awesome.
So if all you’ve been doing is water changes what does that look like? How much and how often do you do it?
May be 10% every 2 weeks? I should do more since I don't really test the water any more.

I considered gyre before but my scape is not gyre friendly. Middle cluster of coral go all the way to water surface.
I’ve had the Neptune Wavs in the past and I personally like the mp40s better. I recently got a Gyre and they are amazing. Soon I will be running one mp40 on the back glass and gyre on the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run a gyre on the vertical orientation instead of the horizontal orientation.

That would be an interesting configuration.

Though back of the tank wouldn't work well because of the in tank overflow. And it would be too intrusive at the front corner of the tank I think.

You can't situated under the in-tank overflow? If not, you also have the back left and back right corners (back corners of the tank).

Quick update video

Trimmed back the plates quite a bit.
Moved the colony of orange digi to the front
Added 2 more clowns

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 1.07.47 PM.png

Back