Neptune Aquatics

my other hobby :D

Kickboxing?

I know nothing about martial arts. ::)

Ohhhh....wait..doh!

I needed to look to carefully. So this is the Praying Mantis style then?

Yah, Praying Mantis kung fu. Those are my nephews. They hadn't sparred in about a month, so were a little sloppy.

Andrew, the one in white, likes to do chokes and takedowns. He tried to set up for a choke from behind, but forgot to unbalance the other person. So Nick, the one in green, was able to turn around to avoid the choke. Nick grabbed Andrew around the neck and tried to do a takedown. Andrew tried to reverse it on him by throwing him backwards. When that didn't work, he switched his leg in front of Nick's and tossed him.

Yeah, but head hitting concrete with another body coming on top of you could be problematic. Friend of mine, who knows a nurse says since the creation of those little shoe/skates that kids like to where she's seen some nasty injuries coming into the ER, and they fall about the same distance.

But hey I'm not trying to play parental advocate here :D Hell I remember in my early adult years I would go to tournaments and spar as well usually ontop of some hard surface like a basketball court or something (UCSF basketball arena quite a few times actually). Of course there were no take downs in any of the events I competed in.

Great video Norman.. Are those two brothers? Nick has some fast hands :)

I use to work at a sporting good shop in SF that had a boxing ring setup in their warehouse.. Whenever there was a beef between employees the shop owner would be like " get the gloves and take it up stairs". :) This was pretty much a weekly occurrence..

Yep brothers. If they spent more time on kungfu instead of baseball and soccer, they could be a lot better :D

Unfortunately, baseball is more socially acceptable :(

Funny about the boxing ring :D

Funny thing.... we were practicing tai chi at the park, and a family with toddlers were watching from the playground. The mom and dad told the kids, "Oh look at those people! They're doing tai chi! See how they do that?"

Then we got to the part where we had to explain to the class what was the usage of that sequence. "So when the guy attacks you, you go like this and he goes off balance with all his weight landing on his front leg. But before his foot lands, your hand goes here and you shift forward, and that's how you break his neck."

Then the family got really quiet and the dad told the kids, "Hurry up. We have to go now!" :D

Hahahahah.. Thats great.. I'm not sure but I thought that about 8-10 years ago tai chi chuan was the style one of the full contact champions from China practiced...

Back