Jestersix

NanoCrazed's Lazy Tank(s) Journal

AquaJapan 85
====

Well... fck. my hard fought regenerated red bowerbanksi colony died off awhile back and I was perplexed and bummed. Both over losing it, and at the possibility of a tank issue that'll grant me rolling RTNs.

Turns out, it died because I moved the pink boobies chalice away from the base of the bower (they were touching)... but by doing so, i put the bower at where the tips of the stingers would reach (versus within the range of the PB's stinger shaft). Ironic. Ugh.

AquaJapan 85
====

Well... fck. my hard fought regenerated red bowerbanksi colony died off awhile back and I was perplexed and bummed. Both over losing it, and at the possibility of a tank issue that'll grant me rolling RTNs.

Turns out, it died because I moved the pink boobies chalice away from the base of the bower (they were touching)... but by doing so, i put the bower at where the tips of the stingers would reach (versus within the range of the PB's stinger shaft). Ironic. Ugh.
That'll teach ya to touch the boobies...

AquaJapan 85
====

Turns out, it died because I moved the pink boobies chalice away from the base of the bower (they were touching)... but by doing so, i put the bower at where the tips of the stingers would reach (versus within the range of the PB's stinger shaft). Ironic. Ugh
Ain’t that the way she goes

Shroom Tank
===

I picked up a few beautiful tangs from @tankguy and had wanted to setup a QT but since my outlet is dead where my water station is, i don't have access to instant temp ready water... plus, don't have space for another qt tank at the moment... so, thinking i will pop the fish into my shroom tank that only has a pair of filefish at the moment...turning it effectively into a large QT.

Ultimately, i would like to put the fish in with my other tangs... but didn't want to run any risk to the current inhabitants.

Who knows, maybe I'll just make it tanks full of tangs rather than one by adding more tangs in the shroom soon to be converted to full sps tank here...

Biocube 29
====

Went from no meat coral... to meat coral curious... to full meat lover's special in a matter of weeks.

My new meat corals arrived today.

The master MC is likely an indophyllia while the ultra is an acantophyllia.

This then makes 2 of each in the tank...

20210105_150629.jpg
20210105_150625.jpg
20210105_150607.jpg
20210105_150555(0).jpg

Shroom Tank
===

RIP :(

I put some newly acquired tangs into my shroom tank not long ago. Turns out they're like bulls in a china shop...knocking and flipping shrooms over.

This eclectus / jb was one of the victims. Melted on one side before i caught it. Saved it and was recovering. Then the tangs did it again. Shroom no more.

Had been growing it out to be a momma to a colony i wanted to start. Ugh.

SmartSelect_20200227-203102_Messages.jpg

Oh no. What messy eaters! Are all the shrooms on rubble and they just got flipped by the tangs picking at algae on that rubble?

Oh no. What messy eaters! Are all the shrooms on rubble and they just got flipped by the tangs picking at algae on that rubble?
Most are on rubble... some are loose. This one was attached, then detached in the first round of injury. then flipped and sent under a crevice...

yeah... I use to only keep fairy wrasses and file fish in that tank... didn't expect the tangs to go nuts in there. but having them in to prepare for my tank conversion to SPS... after which there'll only be racks and plugs to contend with

AquaJapan85
====
Ugh. Woke up this morning to RTN on my BKChem Crack Juice... rescue ranger time! Or is it hail mary time?!

Hopefully catching it early enough to stop the decline. I've saved worse. But will be up to the reefing gods now...

Wish i saw it last night when i was doing dips on new pieces that I picked up. Could've killed two birds with one stone then.

That said trying all the pieces i lost over the summer:

MC Prom Queen
TGC redwing
RR Pink Floyd
WWC 500

Will get to the BigR candyland again later.

Back