High Tide Aquatics

Needing some advice on an algae bloom

Thank you guys for the replies, we are dealing with a different type of algae though( will definitely learn to post pictures initially). I have pretty much had little to no algae on the rocks for about a year or more. It’s more of the water born variety. View attachment 56275
What type of uv are you running,
What are you using for flow in your tank?
And what are you using for filtration in general?

With uv running if you have pads or floss you wanna change them more than typical until you to get the dead stuff out the tank.

I think water changes would be a bad idea at this point. More likely it would add potential fuel to the current problem.

I had this type if issue in one of my tanks a month and half or so ago. I rigged up a uv I had for a biocube to a small return pump and very short hose looked ugly as hell but it cleaered mine up over night for the most part.

Thats the link for the issues I had in one of my tanks. Should have several pictures for you to compare to what your seeing in your tank. In addition maybe some of the feedback I got will be of help to your issue.

Overall I'm gleaning that you have more than just one issue alage and bacteria bloom, I would personally take them on one by one. Deal with the bacteria bloom first than the alage issue. Good luck with the tank. I'm definitely following along.

Back